MEADMotorcyclist Killed in Crash With  Amish Buggy

flybybusa

Rider formerly known as wingding
Donating Member
Registered
Great, one more thing I have to watch out for!
wtf.gif

Linky

MEADVILLE, Pa. "â€￾ A motorcylist is dead after an accident with a Amish buggy in northwestern Pennsylvania.

Police say a group of Amish people fishing at Pymatuning State Park had their horse tied up on Friday night. But the horse broke loose and pulled the buggy onto Route 6 east of Linesville, in Crawford County. The unlighted buggy collided with a motorcycle operated by 42-year-old Duane Forsythe of Beaver Falls.

Forsythe was killed. His passenger, 44-year-old Catherine Fosnaught, also of Beaver Falls, was injured. The horse wasn't hurt.
deadhorse.gif

Aw man, that's such a waste. What a lousy way to go!

The Amish were fishing? What, there wasn't a barn that needed raising somewhere? Welcome to the 21st century, you backwards-assed dopes! I hope that there is some liability attached to that incident.
guns.gif

Sue them? For what? Even if they are found liable, which I doubt, what can you take from them?

I know they have land and all that but I doubt if it would be taken.

Maybe the buggy...

We have to deal with these damn buggies everyday around here. I know several people that have been taken down by them over the years. It's REAL hard to get a judgment agaist them too. Most likely, "under futher investigation" they will find the biker at fault. speed, improper lane change,unable to control,ect... it's sad but thats the way it usually goes.

Sue them?  For what?  Even if they are found liable, which I doubt, what can you take from them?

I know they have land and all that but I doubt if it would be taken.

Maybe the buggy...
You would be Amazed what the Amish and Mennonites pull in. I was at Walmart about a month ago and a brand new H2 lifted pulls up and 8 Mennonites jumped out in there home made cloths and bonntes. I was a bit dumbfounded.

Regardless of the religious persuasion, we have Amish here in OK too. But, in our state, if I own a horse, and it crosses the highway and gets hit by a car, I am responsible for the damage because I owned the horse. Not sure about that state ands it laws, but none the less, thats how it is.

The Amish were fishing? What, there wasn't a barn that needed raising somewhere? Welcome to the 21st century, you backwards-assed dopes! I hope that there is some liability attached to that incident.
guns.gif
I see the Menonite Amish every day, Walmart has a horse barn for their animals while shopping..

These are not a bad people, nor are they backwards, they just have a different set of core values than most.
Very sad that an accident like this happened but I am sure that the owners of the horse/buggy are really sorry it happened at a spiritual level...

guns.gif
I see the Menonite Amish every day, Walmart has a horse barn for their animals while shopping..

These are not a bad people, nor are they backwards, they just have a different set of core values than most.
Very sad that an accident like this happened but I am sure that the owners of the horse/buggy are really sorry it happened at a spiritual level...
I didn't say they were bad, just backwards. That's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it.

They may or may not be willing to accept responsibility, but their spirituality ain't gonna bring back a downed rider.

In re: "They may or may not be willing to accept responsibility, but their spirituality ain't gonna bring back a downed rider."

And it wouldn't matter (who's) horse got loose, Amish or whomever! Nothing brings back the dead.

and to think...most places have leash laws just to walk your dog and i don't care who ya are or what your core values may be...a loose horse ='s "LIABILITY"...and in this case?...at the very least?...i smell...

"wrongful death"

a loose horse is serious biz and shows a gross lack of responsibility...i've seen folks shoot pigs that got away just so they didn't cause traffic accidents.

oh well...maybe the meek will inherit the earth...by killing the rest of us with their backazz'ed ways.

my 2cts and l8r, Bill.
cool.gif

and to think...most places have leash laws just to walk your dog and i don't care who ya are or what your core values may be...a loose horse ='s "LIABILITY"...and in this case?...at the very least?...i smell...

"wrongful death"

a loose horse is serious biz and shows a gross lack of responsibility...i've seen folks shoot pigs that got away just so they didn't cause traffic accidents.

oh well...maybe the meek will inherit the earth...by killing the rest of us with their backazz'ed ways.

my 2cts and l8r, Bill.
cool.gif
I'm with you 100%

wow you would have thought they threw the horse out there on purpose... So I guess that a big "wrongful death lawsuit" will make a difference?

just an FYI .. every year there are plenty of Amish killed by drivers of cars etc.. In many cases an entire family is wiped out... This happens to be the first time I have seen someone killed by an Amish vehicle..

a few of the posts surprise me with the harshness of the statements considering all you have is a single newspaper article..

You can Google "Amish family killed" and you should find a few family's wiped out by drivers (many impaired btw)

Anyway "flame away" just surprises me that a few of the posts are as harsh as they are...

wow you would have thought they threw the horse out there on purpose...  So I guess that a big "wrongful death lawsuit" will make a difference?  

just an FYI .. every year there are plenty of Amish killed by drivers of cars etc.. In many cases an entire family is wiped out... This happens to be the first time I have seen someone killed by an Amish vehicle..

a few of the posts surprise me with the harshness of the statements considering all you have is a single newspaper article..

You can Google  "Amish family killed"  and you should find a few family's wiped out by drivers (many impaired btw)

Anyway "flame away"   just surprises me that a few of the posts are as harsh as they are...
Amish are killed on roads designed for cars. Roads that have speed limits well beyond the speed of a horse.

A freind of mine killed an amish baby and mom. The father was out at night with no lights on his buggy. It happened on a blind hill/curve that the amish pulled out onto in front of friends car. My buddy has never been the same since. He is a totally different person now.

With all the twisties around this area I don't know how this doesn't happen a couple times a week. I travel a road everyday Rt. 119. It has a 55 mph speed limit, Countless curves, blind knolls, Tractor trailers, amish buggys, etc. These amish around here have some balls. There are plenty of side roads to avoid this busy dangerous road but they don't care. Hell, they don't even pull over to let you buy. I've seen strings of 20 cars and trucks going 10 mph on a 55 mph road!! It happens everyday.

It's not gonna get better until the law steps in. Buggys are now required to use lights at night. I hope they start limiting the roads buggys can travel on soon. Thats the only way these accidents will stop.

I feel bad for that what happened to the amish family. But at the same time how bad do you feel for a bungee jumper that has a bungee cord snap? My freind did nothing wrong and will live the rest of his live knowing he killed a baby and mother. All of this because daddy was/is a moron.

He tried his best to put the blame on my buddy. I think the local cops where on the amish's side too. It took some state reenactment people to clear my friends good name.

they need to be kept off the roads at night period, yes... Lucky for us here, they are mostly on back farm roads that see a lot less traffic than most... I have driven PA and yes, you have a bigger problem than Indiana does...

Anyway, there are these slow azz buggies or fricken nutcases running 150+ on bikes.... new meets old... not good..

I just feel bad for both sides..

Back