MEADMotorcyclist Killed in Crash With  Amish Buggy

I have nothing against the Amish but when I was a new driver on his first cross-state trek into PA, I was driving into a rain shower at night and almost took out a buggy. I never saw it until I came up from it from the rear. Scared the living hell out of me. No lights, reflectors, or nothing.

Godspeed to the biker.

If I "litter" upon a road, I am subjected to a fine. If a horse "litters" the road, nothing!! And this is more dangerous to a bike than a candy wrapper. I am all for a clean environment, but I also live in the heart of Amish country in PA. I wonder how many bikes have gone down because of road apples??

lurk.gif

RTe39 here in ohio... it's a great ride, but the road apples WILL take you down if you are not cautious. And the buggies hog the entire lane too. It is quite the surprise when appexing a curve at the top of a hill... I have grew up with buggies everywhere, so i am used to being very cautious on certain roads, but most are not....

If I "litter" upon a road, I am subjected to a fine. If a horse "litters" the road, nothing!! And this is more dangerous to a bike than a candy wrapper. I am all for a clean environment, but I also live in the heart of Amish country in PA. I wonder how many bikes have gone down because of road apples??
most in this area have "buckets" that catch the waste now... every now and then I see a pile here and there but not very often..

I found this to be a bit ironic..

share_the_road.jpg

Guess it should add "Unless you got a horse and buggy, they GTF out of the way for us!"
whistling.gif

BTW... neither rider was wearing a helmet...

This is why I live down south. We only have to worry about semi's with the Gas and Oil companies. Godspeed to you people up north.

Back