MotoGP 2024

Enjoy the next 2 seasons, the fun Police are coming for your toys!
1714998919914.png

I think they should keep forced induction out of it honestly. Look at F1, when they went turbo and hybrid it was just lost on me. Now fuel injected 2 strokes on the other hand...
2 Strokes would be awesome.....and make them push to start like the old days.....

Sadly Moto GP isn't interesting to me anymore as I don't identify with the current motorcycle brands or riders...

The days of Eddie Lawson, Randy Mamola, Kevin Schwantz, Wayne Rainey, Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer and the like were my favorite era of MotoGP...the sound and smell of those 500 smokers was intoxicating......

The sustainable fuel thing they are proposing is just next level dumb! They're mandating sustainable fuel for the bikes, but not the myriad support vehicles, air transportation etc. necessary to put on a 21 round show all over the planet! Somebodys political agenda is getting ushered into this new rules package so they can crow about saving the planet!

Martin took off and that was that another Sprint race win and a new lap record during Q2

Marquez 13th to 2nd be hard to replicate that in the main race

Vinales a solid 3rd

Bez crashed out while 2nd

Espargaro double LLP for jump start

Lots of Hondas at the back of the field again..

Not a lot of passing in that race, Marquez aside. I don't remember LeMans being quite so processional in the past. Even with all of the fast guys running the softest front tire option , there were a lot of low-side crashes. Should be a good race tomorrow.

Great race, but again mostly processional aside from Marquez going from 13th to the podium again. Those three are going to be battling for the rest of the season! Acosta had his worst day in MotoGP, but he was fighting for a podium when it all went wrong. Quartararo was also looking pretty good, until it all went away.

The rider market roulette is getting up to full boil now and it mostly hinges on what happens at Ducati.

Ducati has some major decisions to make! Gigi Dall'Igna has stated that they will make their announcement(s) by Mugello to allow whoever is left out in the cold time to seek other opportunities. Too much in play right now, with Marqez, Martin and Bastianini all running well and all seemingly all in play for the Factory seat Bastianini currently holds. Then what to do about Pramac? Will they go to Yamaha, will they still get 2 factory bikes next year? If Pramac do go to Yamaha, might Gresini or VR46 (they already shunned Yamaha's advances) get their factory bikes next year? Morbidelli is drastically underperforming on a factory spec GP24 and that is the single most sought after (by everyone except Jorge Martin that is) bike in MotoGP right now. Then the Fermin Aldeguer decision is also looming, where will they stick him in all this chaos? The other factories are seemingly waiting in the wings to pick up whoever Ducati discards.

A ton of rumors circulating right now, ranging from Honda trying to lure Martin, Aprilia trying to snag Bastianini, ironically not much news about Factory Yamaha and their quest to add a satellite team. Also not much news from KTM, Acosta is a no brainer to move to the Factory team, which then leaves Jack Miller moving to god knows where? Aprilia have been rumored to be after Joe Roberts to sit on one of the Factory Aprilias in the Stackhouse team, and then what will Aleix Espargaro choose to do? He may opt to retire, continue racing, or move to a testing roll, my bet would be on the latter, making room for Bastianini alongside Vinales on the Factory squad. The other big rumor going round is regarding Marquez long time sponsorship deal with Redbull and how it might effect his potential move to the Factory team. If Ducati opt to move him to the Factory team (Monster sponsored) would he have to part ways with RB? Or is potential Redbull$$ a big enough deal for Ducati to part ways with Monster?

Great race, but again mostly processional aside from Marquez going from 13th to the podium again. Those three are going to be battling for the rest of the season! Acosta had his worst day in MotoGP, but he was fighting for a podium when it all went wrong. Quartararo was also looking pretty good, until it all went away.is

Yeah, Acosta was trying for a podium slot (with 25 laps to go)! He overcooked the corner as did Bezzecchi early on. Was pretty lucky sliding between two moving (racing) motorcycles without a scratch . Surprising to see MM run thru the crowd to a podium finish w/o crashing someone out. He came close though. He seems to be having an easier time riding his Duc compared to the others. Pecco deserved his 3rd place. That late in the race and in the lead no less, to get passed by two riders, he wasn’t racing a smart race. It’s kinda hard to tell one red bike from another too. There’s too many of them. The VR team is easy to spot but the others blend together too much. Each team should have distinctively different colors….for my viewing pleasure! :laugh:

Last edited:
Apparently there was a test today at Mugello with Honda, Yamaha, and Aprilia Present. Rins lead the times @1:45.931 with what I am hearing is an all new (suspect?) aero package that is actually under the race lap record there! The record was set by Pecco last year at 1:46.588 and the outright lap record (also by Pecco) stands at 1:44.855 so promising for the Yamaha guys anyway! All the Honda guys were ~ .5 a second back, with Marini (big Surprise) bringing up the rear. Which begs the question, what would Honda have to do to Lure a top tier rider back their way at this point, aside from a Brinks truck full of cash? None of the fast guys want to touch that thing right now! Mir has allegedly been in talks with Trackhouse, but I just cant see that working out.
1715908096907.png

Another shot of Rins bike today. The Yamaha is getting just as hideous as some of the others now. A shame, as it was really the last of these things that looked like something you could actually buy, I'm gettin misty now! :poke:
1715910904766.png

I don’t mind a bit that they don’t look like a bike I could buy. I can’t buy an F1 car either. What I don’t care for are the camo type paint jobs blurring the lines of the bodywork. Look at this Yamaha. Several blue, grey and silver horizontal stripes along the sides. WTH?

I've been reading a lot of rumors today that Jorge Martin has issued Ducati an Ultimatum to sign him to a contract by Mugello (!) or he is going to sign with KTM... A couple of Problems I see with this. Red Bull KTM has Binder signed through 2026, and Acosta is just a formality until he replaces miller on the factory squad. Binders form hasn't been stellar lately, and in theory they could move him to the Gas Gas squad (also a factory KTM in different paint) if they so choose to make room for a top name rider. Both Martin and Marquez are currently contracted to Red Bull and one of them would have to either part ways with RB or persuade Ducati to part ways with Monster (extremely unlikely!). Martin is technically in a powerful spot to be making demands, as he is leading the championship at the moment (albeit on the best bike on the grid), I just don't dig all of his blustering to the press about first not returning to Pramac and now the new Ultimatum. Marquez and Bastianini are both quietly going about their business in all of this, which is more my personal preference to let your riding do the talking. Regardless of who amongst these three leaves Ducati, they will have to decide which one would theoretically do the least damage to Ducati in doing so...

The next few weeks are likely to be crazy with Rumors of not only these guys, but all the other teams that are playing musical chairs right now. Catalunya round is next weekend, followed immediately the following week in Mugello!

Back