super.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif
Did you look at the date? duhh...

super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

i agree with Jinkster...I just got an EXO 700 and at upper speeds the helmet is not great. My visor shook so hard that the entire road went blurry and I know it was not the speed, cause my older SHOEI has never done that to me, but I love the scorpion for around town and cruising. plus the newer scorpion would be a concern for me because I already wear glasses, so I am not too sure they would be a good option in that instance.

I have a exo700, picked up a chin foil for $6 cut down wind and noise alot.
Now to convince the wife I really 'need' this helmet
laugh.gif

I like the internal shades, but not so sure about the cheek pump. I have an EXO 400 and 700. 400, nothing more than a back-up and bad day work helmet. The 700 hasn't let me down. I can't say its the most stable at top speed since I've never wore a Shoei, Arai etc, but I haven't had the issues that Jinkster and bulldog mention either, contrary, in a tuck the 700 seems just fine, maybe if I tried sitting up into the wind at 170+ I might get those shaking issues
smile.gif
As for ventilation, if its anything like the 400 or 700, it will have more than adequate ventilation. I ride in S. Arizona and the 700 provides enough flow to keep my head cool in the heat. Noise? Well, can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want ventilation, your going to get noise.

MC, will definately be looking for your review on this. I was looking at a Caberg if only for the internal flip shades. So, brand loyalty may play a role with me and make me wait for this 1000.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 23 2007,14:00) Very nice, I hear good things about these.

My next lid will be a flip face for sure!
The HJC flipface I looked at was only DOT not SNELL, so I lQQked elsewhere.

I wanted one too.

cool.gif

I was just looking at some scorpion helmets the other day... I am going to have to wait and see when this one comes out. Looks good and visor reminds me of the lid I had when i was on flying status in the air force...

I just bought a new ICON . After using it today on ride to savanah looks like my son just got him a new helmet . Wont get another ICON .noisey , to me not built as well as my shoei . seen the new scorpien the i like might try it ...

01011070.jpg

wonder when there gonna be in stores
after reading up onit sure would like to try one on

(hydrabusa @ Feb. 23 2007,22:10)
(Black Bird Killer @ Feb. 23 2007,12:21) Buddy just got one of those.  Loves it
super.gif
  Gonna have to get one for myself
super.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif
 Did you look at the date? duhh...
He's confused (as usual
tounge.gif
)

I just got the EXO 400 Octane at the Cleveland IMS

super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

(Hy_Rolr @ Feb. 24 2007,08:37) I like that a lot...but just got a new helmet so I'll have to wait awhile.
Sweet
biggrin.gif

<embed src="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fsmileys.smileycentral.com%252Fcat%252FF%252Ftransport.swf%253Fcode%253DF%252F1%252F412%2526partner%253DZSzeb110%255FZNfox000/transport.swf" loop="false" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="100" height="120" name="transport" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" wmode="transparent" flashvars="code=F/1/412&partner=ZSzeb110_ZNfox000" />

I don't know about the cheek pad pump thing, what I am sold on is the drop down inner visor - yeah it does remind me of the dual visor helo helmets I wore like 16 years ago - so there is that. Plus I just like the look of the Blue helmet. Unfortunately, I have learned that a lot of times companies (ICON for example - IMO) has sort of taken to marketing to a demographic and looking for appearance at the sacrifice of function. I like thier stuff don't get me wrong - (and I have alot of it) but it is not the same quility that you get from a few other brands... This helmet looks like it will go for less than my Domain Peremeter went for... we will see.
I have to start playign the lottery!

Back