PDX GSX1300R

MVC-018S-M.jpg
MVC-021S-M.jpg

You rode clear down to Lakeview? The El Aguila Real cafe has great food. The Best Western is nice too and right next door.

Seemed like the thing to do...

I went into Nevada where there "may" have been some speeding involved.

I really want to see the Alvord Desert on the east side of the Steens. But it's gravel.

Did I mention that I got a fancy new radaitor guard..?

1711937292252.png

IMG_6928-M.jpg

Fear not! That fat pig will plow gravel!
To the desert!
lmao
Pretend its a dirtbike and rip it, really, the street tires have a little float, lol, but will still get you there.
I've ripped all my sportbikes on dirt roads.
Once you get over it in your head, and make a little adjustment in riding to account for the gravel, it's fine, you're an old dirtbike rider, you won't have any problems.
The only times I ever found myself about to lose it, was when I was really pushing...askin for it, lmao

My corporate jet. AKA "The chick magnet..."

View attachment 1681688

View attachment 1681689

What do you do with insurance? I’ve investigated some workers comp fraud cases. Interesting work. Also some vehicle collision determinations. One of the most memorable was an accident where a CHP officer, out on a crash scene was struck by a passing motorist as he was walking around.

What do you do with insurance? I’ve investigated some workers comp fraud cases. Interesting work. Also some vehicle collision determinations. One of the most memorable was an accident where a CHP officer, out on a crash scene was struck by a passing motorist as he was walking around.

I started by writing auto collision estimates, then moved to property damage. Mostly wind / water damage to houses. It's not a job, it's a calling...

P3130084-M.jpg

93AA13CA-BB64-4AB1-905C-E701CBC3B948-M.jpg

At a young age I wanted to race dirt bikes. I saved and practiced. I eventually had an obsolete air-cooled YZ, on a DIY trailer, pulled by a Chevette. It gave me access to trail riding and off-road riding areas. However, my parents forbade racing. I was crushed. I focused on cars for the next few decades.

img002.jpg

In my 30's, I found a terrific dual-sport group while living in Arizona. I got to pit crew for a Baja team. I watched "Dust to Glory" and the hook set deep that I could race my plated XR650R. But the family was young and money was tight.

0008560-R1-037-17-M.jpg

In my 40's I read "The Alchemist." It made everything clear. I bought a brand-new CRF250R and went off-road racing for five years. I walked away happy. It was everything I dreamt it could be.

IMG_5032-M.jpg

I just started watching David Frieburger's series "200 MPH Club" and he references an article he wrote years ago entiltled "The importance of risk." He closes with, likely his most memorable line: "And when I'm gone, you can call me foolish but not hopefully not boring. I will have lived."

I think most of us here can identify with this on many levels. We are not dare-devils. But, as David's friend Turk put it, our hobby provides a "definition of self that's an important part of our existence." I like that.

Back