Switchback LEDs! (Pics)

(InfiniteReality @ Nov. 01 2006,13:47) Just a FYI, I had my shiftlight powered via the brown wire.  But when I'd flip my high beam switch on/off, it'd reset the shift light.  no biggie, all was still good, but was kinda aggrivating and have since found alternate power when I re-wired it all.
smile.gif
thanks for the heads up! i am going to do this mod. sometime this month, but the riding up here is still doable so the "runners" will be on the back burner til' then.
super.gif

So what happens to your turn signals? Do you even have any, if so, where and can see them?

(InfiniteReality @ Oct. 30 2006,13:00) Maybe the video at the end?  If this stays slow, I'll just give a link to the video instead...  Please advise.
smile.gif

<embed width="430" height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://smg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v375/InfiniteReality/Hayabusa/Videoz/LEDSwitchbacks.flv"></embed>
watch the video

I am interested in doing this mod. I am sorta a noob when it comes to wiring on a bike. I am comfortable with electronics and soldering however. Can you do a short write up on the process.

I.e
1. get this
2. remove this, splice this to this
3. plug this in etc

I understand the concept but giving my lack of "creativity". I don't get too far without a instruction set to follow on.

Thanks!

i wanted to ask, are they just really bright? or do they actually work as a headlight during the night?

With all my bodywork off right now having the paint updated, I guess there is no time like now to get this mod done. I like the way it looks and should offer a little more light up front for the cages to see.
beerchug.gif

(USN05LE @ Jan. 23 2007,07:04) Do you have 2 bulbs in each side or do you have an LED that has 2 color LED?  

Don
It is one bulb that has 2 color leds in them it uses a 1157 socket

(V8N3T @ Nov. 25 2006,16:35) i wanted to ask, are they just really bright? or do they actually work as a headlight during the night?
They are pretty bright but not enough light for headlight

(InfiniteReality @ Jan. 23 2007,05:09) Just swap the sockets out for some 1157 ones and for the extra brown wire on them tap into an ign. power and you're good to go.
rock.gif
 Whats IGN. POWER
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back