The issues of the world......

You of all people here, should understand the kind of people we are allowing to enter in mass. You don’t need to be a shrink to understand that.
Not sure what you base your perception of the scope of my understanding on, but it doesn't matter. What I see is people looking to improve their standard of life. Yes, there will be some dishonest ones, as there are dishonest American citizens who were lucky enough to have been born here. Your point seems to be that the percentage of dishonesty among the immigrants is higher because of the fact that they entered illegally, breaking the law. It's a legitimate argument. My take is that for the overwhelming percentage, entering the country is the only law they break, much as exceeding the speed limit on my bike is the only law I break. In my opinion the immigration problem consists of a huge bottleneck in obtaining permanent residency and ultimately citizenship. My sister has a good friend who's parents moved here from Colombia when she was 3. Her parents never naturalized because the U.S. does not honor dual citizenship. To become a citizen you have to renounce your home country's citizenship. To each his own. Regardless, the woman has carried a green card her whole life, renewing it every 10 years. It's always taken about 30 days to get the new card in the mail. This last renewal has almost taken 2 years and she's still waiting. The card expired so USCIS stamped her Colombian passport to extend the legality of her being here, even though she's lived here for 55 years. What is wrong with the process? THAT needs addressed, and in my mind is the immigration problem.

Not sure what you base your perception of the scope of my understanding on, but it doesn't matter. What I see is people looking to improve their standard of life. Yes, there will be some dishonest ones, as there are dishonest American citizens who were lucky enough to have been born here. Your point seems to be that the percentage of dishonesty among the immigrants is higher because of the fact that they entered illegally, breaking the law. It's a legitimate argument. My take is that for the overwhelming percentage, entering the country is the only law they break, much as exceeding the speed limit on my bike is the only law I break. In my opinion the immigration problem consists of a huge bottleneck in obtaining permanent residency and ultimately citizenship. My sister has a good friend who's parents moved here from Colombia when she was 3. Her parents never naturalized because the U.S. does not honor dual citizenship. To become a citizen you have to renounce your home country's citizenship. To each his own. Regardless, the woman has carried a green card her whole life, renewing it every 10 years. It's always taken about 30 days to get the new card in the mail. This last renewal has almost taken 2 years and she's still waiting. The card expired so USCIS stamped her Colombian passport to extend the legality of her being here, even though she's lived here for 55 years. What is wrong with the process? THAT needs addressed, and in my mind is the immigration problem.
Oops, sorry phone error.

That post was meant for Bee.

I talked to a friend of mine who lives in our nation's capital yesterday and he mentioned that Saturday morning he was out grocery shopping with his wife and while following an older lady out to the parking lot, a person ran over to her cart and took a shopping bag out then attempted to run away......until my friend caught him and got the bag back....

Hy friend said he was just a kid and looked hungry.....the lady said she got her bag back and wasn't hurt and didn't want to ruin the kid's life by having him arrested.....apparently she talked to him and offered him something to eat from her groceries and told him that if her grandkid was hungry she'd want someone to take care of him...

From what my friend said the kid was crying and begging for forgiveness from them and he said he'd take care of the kid and bought him a meal.

Apparently he'd been kicked out of his house and was living on the streets for a week or so with no money or help so this friend of mine called an outreach worker he knew and got him help.

These are the kinds of stories we never see on the news...all we see is the doom and gloom......

BTW, US does honor duel citizenship, so does Colombia.

I worry about you sometimes. The person I was referring to has lived in the United States legally for over 50 years.
To answer your question, it would be nice if there were no borders. Imagine.
Think he is referring to sentence 6, post 201.

Last edited:
If Michael was referring to that sentence, that was very cryptic, as my last post was about someone trying to renew a green card. 99% sure that's what he was responding to.

Fairus.org huh? I'm surprised that you supplement your argument by posting links to an organization founded by a white supremacist.

I worry about you sometimes. The person I was referring to has lived in the United States legally for over 50 years.
To answer your question, it would be nice if there were no borders. Imagine.
Hi. Them there would be no countrys. Than we would need to be no more money. That
would be a perfect world. We would need perfect people. Do you think that would ever happen?

If Michael was referring to that sentence, that was very cryptic, as my last post was about someone trying to renew a green card. 99% sure that's what he was responding to.

Fairus.org huh? I'm surprised that you supplement your argument by posting links to an organization founded by a white supremacist.
Fairus founded by a White Supremist, as classified by the Southern Poverty Law Center, with main founder Morris Dees, accused by his own group of being complicit in racial discrimination, and sexual harrasment.

I hope they get illegal immigration under control and I believe it is already too late. May take a while, but once the FBI proves as correct, we will have new terrorist attacks internally and we will have peoples who do not integrate and start fighting tribal wars in our country, perhaps we should dig this post out of the dust. It may take a few years, not many, not several, only a few.

Last edited:
Fairus founded by a White Supremist, as classified by the Southern Poverty Law Center, with main founder Morris Dees, accused by his own group of being complicit in racial discrimination, and sexual harrasment.

I hope they get illegal immigration under control and I believe it is already too late. May take a while, but once the FBI proves as correct, we will have new terrorist attacks internally and we will have peoples who do not integrate and start fighting tribal wars in our country, perhaps we should dig this post out of the dust. It may take a few years, not many, not several, only a few.
LOL several times I've wanted to dig up dusty posts. Without playing God, we can't address the reason people want out of their countries and into the U.S., so maybe we can make acquiring legal residence a little quicker and reasonable, possibly cutting down on the number of illegal entries.
My best friend, a conservative, calls me a Pollyanna, a little play on my name and outlook.

LOL several times I've wanted to dig up dusty posts. Without playing God, we can't address the reason people want out of their countries and into the U.S., so maybe we can make acquiring legal residence a little quicker and reasonable, possibly cutting down on the number of illegal entries.
My best friend, a conservative, calls me a Pollyanna, a little play on my name and outlook.
Try and think analytically, rather than emotionally.

Thinking analytically, a country is what it is, due to the people living there, who are who they are. So how many of those people, who are who they are, do we have to allow into this country, until it becomes similar to their true homes, they are leaving?

In some areas, we are already seeing the effects of conditions they have created, similar to the countries they came from.

Do you honestly believe people who can't make it in their home countries, because of their abilities, skills, education, are equipped to contribute here and maintain or improve conditions here, rather than becoming a liability?

Do you believe a person who can get anything falsified in terms of documenation, coming from a country where his residence cannot be verified, is a safe exercise to bring here to live between us. Someone we really know nothing about, someone who could be specifically supported by one of our enemies, with an eventual objective?

Last edited:
Try and think analytically, rather than emotionally.

Thinking analytically, a country is what it is, due to the people living there, who are who they are. So how many of those people, who are who they are, do we have to allow into this country, until it becomes similar to their true homes, they are leaving?

In some areas, we are already seeing the effects of conditions they have created, similar to the countries they came from.
Lol Jelly who's being emotional? You are projecting a lot of intensions onto people that you don't know at all. That to you is analytical thinking?
Do you honestly believe people who can't make it in their home countries, because of their abilities, skills, education, are equipped to contribute here and maintain or improve conditions here, rather than becoming a liability?
Yes I honestly believe every human being has value and is a possible asset to others.

Back