What did you do to your other vehicle

And it's more like an Acura thank you.
Technology sure leaps ahead fast. I was contemplating adding a CD or Sat. It has provisions for a CD changer is just wasn't purchased. A CD player is stupid expensive!

So now there is an aftermarket gizmo that you plug into the CD harness plug and play. Flash drive you put your music on. Just download to that drive and viola, 100 CDs with 100 songs on each. In a little box about the size of a deck of cards. And you can Bluetooth it.

Who needs Satellite when you never run out of any onboard music. And it takes up pretty much no space. Room to spare where the CD would have gone in.

Amazing the stuff they have come up with.

I have a 2011 Ford Escape and runs great but could smell gas but never saw anything leaking on the ground. Removed the L/R wheel and found the problem, It's a plastic fuel tank with a plastic inlet and a yellow plastic retainer that has a crack causing the problem. Looks to be a molded assembly and most likely I'll be installing a new tank $$$.

P1060851.JPG

I have a 2011 Ford Escape and runs great but could smell gas but never saw anything leaking on the ground. Removed the L/R wheel and found the problem, It's a plastic fuel tank with a plastic inlet and a yellow plastic retainer that has a crack causing the problem. Looks to be a molded assembly and most likely I'll be installing a new tank $$$.

View attachment 1667779
We'll see if this works LOL, Got nothing to lose trying JB Weld.

P1060852.JPG

Technology sure leaps ahead fast. I was contemplating adding a CD or Sat. It has provisions for a CD changer is just wasn't purchased. A CD player is stupid expensive!

So now there is an aftermarket gizmo that you plug into the CD harness plug and play. Flash drive you put your music on. Just download to that drive and viola, 100 CDs with 100 songs on each. In a little box about the size of a deck of cards. And you can Bluetooth it.

Who needs Satellite when you never run out of any onboard music. And it takes up pretty much no space. Room to spare where the CD would have gone in.

Amazing the stuff they have come up with.

PXL_20230614_224604353.MP.jpg

I recently purchased a TPMS tool and performed the relearn procedure on my car. I swap wheels for spring/winter and it pains me to make a visit to the mechanic merely for the relearn of tire pressure sensors. This procedure is extremely easy, and consider that this was the very first time I connected to OBDII. The tool had to be budgeted but I will depreciate it against the number of wheel swaps times the typical cost the dealership charges, as well as invite friends over should they need this performed. It will pay for itself within about six years.

I recently purchased a TPMS tool and performed the relearn procedure on my car. I swap wheels for spring/winter and it pains me to make a visit to the mechanic merely for the relearn of tire pressure sensors. This procedure is extremely easy, and consider that this was the very first time I connected to OBDII. The tool had to be budgeted but I will depreciate it against the number of wheel swaps times the typical cost the dealership charges, as well as invite friends over should they need this performed.
Didn't know there was such a tool.....I switch my tires out for summer and winter on both vehicles and both have TPMS....

The dealer said they don't like to install TPMS sensors on winter tires but I insisted on it and have never had an issue in all the years I've run winter tires...

Didn't know there was such a tool.....I switch my tires out for summer and winter on both vehicles and both have TPMS....

The dealer said they don't like to install TPMS sensors on winter tires but I insisted on it and have never had an issue in all the years I've run winter tires...

What dorks. Why not install on winter tires? Winter is a risky time and TPMS is important then.

The sensors emit a radio signal. The car has a TPMS ECU that reads the signal. This ECU needs to know the unique identifiers of the sensors. They are long strings like serial numbers. A tool (it is a computer really, but the automotive industry tends to call everything it uses a "tool") that can read the sensor wireless signals is used to tell the car the unique identifiers of the sensors and which sensor is located where on the car. The tool is required for wheel swaps and rotations, as one has to tell the car which wheel is located where, for the front/back/left/right mapping on the dash to work.

My car stores merely one set of sensors. When the wheels/sensors are swapped, the tool is required to erase the one set and put the new set of IDs in the car's computer. Some cars store two sets of sensors but I am guessing the tool is still required at swap time for the location information.

What dorks. Why not install on winter tires? Winter is a risky time and TPMS is important then.

The sensors emit a radio signal. The car has a TPMS ECU that reads the signal. This ECU needs to know the unique identifiers of the sensors. They are long strings like serial numbers. A tool (it is a computer really, but the automotive industry tends to call everything it uses a "tool") that can read the sensor wireless signals is used to tell the car the unique identifiers of the sensors and which sensor is located where on the car. The tool is required for wheel swaps and rotations, as one has to tell the car which wheel is located where, for the front/back/left/right mapping on the dash to work.

My car stores merely one set of sensors. When the wheels/sensors are swapped, the tool is required to erase the one set and put the new set of IDs in the car's computer. Some cars store two sets of sensors but I am guessing the tool is still required at swap time for the location information.
When I switch my tires out, my truck and the wife's car instantly recognize the sensors...

Her car is a little older so if there is a low tire, it doesn't tell you which one nor can you go to a screen to see your tire pressures like I can with my truck....I really like this feature...

Alot of vehicles need some type of simple wireless scanner($10) to reset tpms after rotations.
Others are done through OBD2.
Now, alot of newer vehicles no longer require anything for rotations, or even wheel swaps, so long as the swapped wheels have the same or compatible sensors in them.
The newer ecus are smart enough to sense and adapt to the changes.

Now, alot of newer vehicles no longer require anything for rotations, or even wheel swaps, so long as the swapped wheels have the same or compatible sensors in them.
The newer ecus are smart enough to sense and adapt to the changes.

Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea that it was getting so good. My car is only 4 years old but it seems that I inevitably get stuck behind the times. I went from a pre-TPMS car to a newer vehicle that has it but requires a relearn via OBD. It is my lot in life to suffer terribly.

Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea that it was getting so good. My car is only 4 years old but it seems that I inevitably get stuck behind the times. I went from a pre-TPMS car to a newer vehicle that has it but requires a relearn via OBD. It is my lot in life to suffer terribly.

lol
My 2019 F150 (and 2017 and newer) don't require anything for a tire rotation(I have done 3 rotations on 2 sets of tires myself).
The previous years with tmps require a small electronic box($10) to reprogram the wheels new locations, just hold down the button next to each wheel for a few seconds until the light blinks, and it's done.
And as you see, OBD2 is easy, but it can be expensive.

8E7F1DEE-184E-4126-A4B6-50283818351D.jpeg

Put my TL up on the new Pitbull stands. Rock solid! Bought this as a fun toy to do some mods and ride. After 2-3 months it won’t start and has a slow drip from the fuel pump and/or fuel line. Time to get to work. If it turns into a major project I’ll sell it for what I paid and move on. I’m tired of major projects and want to spend more time riding. Orrr dump a bunch of cash in it and run as a track bike. My wife loves me…..

View attachment 1668118

Put my TL up on the new Pitbull stands. Rock solid! Bought this as a fun toy to do some mods and ride. After 2-3 months it won’t start and has a slow drip from the fuel pump and/or fuel line. Time to get to work. If it turns into a major project I’ll sell it for what I paid and move on. I’m tired of major projects and want to spend more time riding. Orrr dump a bunch of cash in it and run as a track bike. My wife loves me…..

View attachment 1668118

Check the fuel pump gasket, prone to failure.

A couple of rainy days here. Time to catch up on some jobs on the bikes. New shed hasn’t got properly wired up yet (it’s not high on my list) so isn’t great. I do have some lights on an extension lead. They are OK but not great, i normally have the doors open. Realised today the lights are intended to be extended by with multiple sets… so off I went and got a second set. Much better !

First pic is with the doors open trying to get more light in, mezzanine is still dark.
Last pic is today with all the doors closed.

View attachment 1667404

View attachment 1667405

View attachment 1667406
What are the specs on your shop? How tall, wide and deep?

I took my Ram to get the winter tires switched out for my summer ones..

I get the difference in the heavy rims verses the lighter ones....the truck sure handles quicker with the lighter aluminum rims on it....it is quite noticeable.

Hrm what to do with the winter wheels? Newer place, and thus gotta get one of these back on the walls. Good ol' Eyetallion rims (NOT CHINESE!), with the most aggressive tires that stick to ice, and they are no longer stacked on the concrete.

LOL does it look like they used a few balancing weights?

Tire Rack.JPG

Hrm what to do with the winter wheels? Newer place, and thus gotta get one of these back on the walls. Good ol' Eyetallion rims (NOT CHINESE!), with the most aggressive tires that stick to ice, and they are no longer stacked on the concrete.

LOL does it look like they used a few balancing weights?

View attachment 1668571

That amount of stick-on weights, on a wheel and tire that size, is actually pretty normal.

My 02 F150 Screw has almost 200K miles on her and when it's cold outside I could hear it whistle sometimes LOL. The other day when it was 108 I notice a coolant leak between the block and intake. The plastic intake is known to crack so I order a new one so until it shows up I pulled the old manifold off.

The only good thing about this is it's a lot easier to change my spark plugs now.

I'm glad my 65 Ford Falcon doesn't have much plastic cause she'll be running for the next 500 years LOL.

P1060882.JPG

P1060883.JPG

Back