What did you do to your other vehicle

I recently aquired a 92 SC300 Lexus that has a 2JZ motor and factory 5spd from a good friend who was about to loose it to the salvage yard due to a inop status. He is blind now and couldn’t drive or fix it. It was free so why not. Parts are a biscuit to find for this 30yo car but I’ve put about 900 in it so far. Full tuneup, charge ac and most recently I am fighting the brakes. Rebuilt calipers, new pads, rotors and on second master. His son was bummed to loose his dads car as he wanted it when he turned 18. So I’ll play with it for a few years then give it to him. So hard not to turbo this car :)

92780B44-0139-4C07-9CA5-3CA524D89E5E.jpeg

....only if they were a good enough deal
Years and years ago I was going shopping with my wife and kids when a guy in a van parked next to us asked me if I wanted to buy some stereo equipment. I said no and kept going..

Weeks later I read the police broke up a theft ring of stereo equipment. The truck drivers were in the habit of taking their trailers to the store at night, opening the doors and backing it into the bay and then leaving...the thieves had a shunt truck and would pull out the trailers, empty them and put them back. The people in the store would come in to find an empty trailer....

My starter solenoid went out in my daily driver so I added a push to start button instead of replacing the starter. Had the button and wire so figured why not...lol
Same thing on my first car! Dad and I hid the button within the paneling below the steering wheel.

Recovered 3 classic bikes today for a mate, he had them stored in this container along with a huge stack of parts for them and various other bikes he has…it’s his 40 foot container but stored on someone else’s land, he thought the land owners were his friends but they turned out to be NOT his friends… they tried to hold his goods hostage in exchange for a sizeable sum of money.
Long story short he employed a debt collector and had the town cop on standby, then gain access to the property and settle in court later. I helped the debt collector to load them up and transport them home.
The container will be picked up this week and transported to a secure yard of the trucking company.
Never a dull moment in the Kiwis life lol
Just thought some of you guys here would be interested in seeing these lovely old classics and the ‘romantic’ story that goes along with them!

008A6E5D-3A1E-496C-BC88-608ED1373421.jpeg

BBEFD157-42F6-443C-B02D-569B1B585351.jpeg

B6B14358-BED9-40CF-93C2-89B41BD5140D.jpeg

B77BE28C-77DA-428F-8E81-8575057EC9A7.jpeg

6E09F50D-77D3-4816-8A8A-39E5EF1BFD82.jpeg

Back