'07 - hint from the source - suzuki

The next Busa to be release - i.e. right after the 06 - IS THE EXACT SAME BIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - DOWN TO THE LAST WASHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next generation Busa - late 07 ........... IT WON'T MATTER WHAT ANY OTHER MANUFACTURER RELEASES OR HAS RELEASED .....

GAME OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that based on some factual info you've got?

While I admire your enthusiasm and open minded perspective I think you may be reading an awful lot into a photo. But what Robopti said might make a lot of sense??? Maybe release a final edition of the current Busa to use up parts inventories and then release the new version later as a companion model. Yamaha is doing this with the R6 right now!

That pics been up on Suzuki's site for months now
rock.gif
Bingo!

Imagine, your are the head of Suzuki, and it is your final decision to choose and approve what single picture in regard to MOTORCYCLES should millions of motorcyclists see when they punch in www.suzuki.com. The picture that would somehow represent the company's direction in motorcycling progress, development, future, etc.

There are no coincidences here. The picture was carefully chosen and approved, and every detail of the picture was looked at and scrutinized before putting it up.

Anyone, who had to choose a picture for their own web site, tell me how much attention and analysis goes into choosing one.

Now to the picture. Black body work, dark brown pants (non-racing mind you), non-racing boots, black-silver jacket, and black helmet. All of that points to a stealthy look. This is something that you woudn't see till the last moment, and it will blow by leaving you in the dust. That's to me the underlying message. The setting is also clearly a non-track, but somewhere out in the country on back roads.

It's not a picture of 1K with Mladin winning on the track, it's not even a Busa shown in it's touring environment, not the Busa winning in 1/4 mile, and it's not even any of the LE colors which would look more stunning in the picture than the stealthy black.

I am drawing one conclusion only. It's coming this year.

Why would you as a head of Suzuki put up a picture like that a few months before the introduction of the new line-up?

Oh, and one more point. If one single model is so successful for so many years and brings up lots of $$$, you try to capitalize on that.
I work in advertising and marketing, and if that photo has anything to do with the next-gen Hayabusa (if it will be called that), it may well be the most subtle tease campaign ever undertaken by a major corporation...

I doubt the head of Suzuki had anything to do with what photo was choosen for the site. They have specific groups that manage that portion of the company and I doubt with something that you see as "suttle" hinting was anything beyond some guy in that dept. wanting to change the scenery and that's what played a part in it.

I think they are focused on the liters and electronic traction control to play games with a photo that really doesn't show anything new.
rock.gif

I've got a case of 07 Busa fever as well. I hope IG is on to something and that Suzuki emphasizes handling as much as engine in the redesign. In the mean time, I'm enjoying the 'ole one just fine
smile.gif

One thing we could probably all agree on: A redesigned Busa will cost more $$$$. Possibly a lot more.

Charlesbusa, enjoying the show? Pony up some $$$, it's not free!
biggrin.gif

Anyway. ShortBoarder, this is not the full blown advertising/marketing. It is actually a secret until it's officially released. I am simply applying logic to the factual information.

I also don't believe that suzuki's management didn't glance and approve that picture. And while glancing at it, I am sure someone lower ranked was bending and explaining why this picture was a perfect fit on their web site. That's how the corporate world works.

Charlesbusa, enjoying the show? Pony up some $$$, it's not free!
biggrin.gif

Anyway. ShortBoarder, this is not the full blown advertising/marketing. It is actually a secret until it's officially released. I am simply applying logic to the factual information.

I also don't believe that suzuki's management didn't glance and approve that picture. And while glancing at it, I am sure someone lower ranked was bending and explaining why this picture was a perfect fit on their web site. That's how the corporate world works.
Sure, somebody approved it. It's just not a tease for the 07 Busa. ;)

Ok so lets take it a little further. Since they put an older Busa that looks like a newer Busa for a NEW ad, maybe they are trying to push the idea that the Busa is perfect the way it was/is so they do not need to come out with a new Busa..... Or maybe they are trying to sell more Busas and one thing you here about the Busa is it is a drag bike not a track bike and they want a picture of a Busa taking an aggressive lean to show that their product can take more than one role in the motorcycle world... HMMMMMMM I think the latter of the two......:p

Sorta looks like the cover page of the '04 sales flyer I have sitting here?
rock.gif

A Busa going at the same lean angle. Oh wait...he's going in the opposite direction and is wearing BLUE jeans instead of BLACK jeans! I see your point!
laugh.gif

And if you know where back country roads are that look like that, plase tell me about 'em. Gotta' be a track or testing ground. Distance from the white line is huge.

<!--EDIT|jaschil69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155601876 -->

i just tried the site myself and went to the "motorcycles" tab and they show a pic. of the gsxr in yellow.
rock.gif

Back