@13B-RX3 Gen1 MaxxECU Sport I am working on

U COUD END UP HURTING A MOTOR DOIN IT THAT WAY...........
you could also blow it up on the dyno
Mine did with two different tuners in two different combos

5 years now I have not melted it, tuning myself
VERY SLOWLY is the key
I dump large values in any cell that I have not yet dialed, go for a test hit
make changes ect VERY SLOWLY
problem I ran into is over 16 PSI even in Mexico it was getting sketchy

Hey how about the gen 2 I would like to have one and I need a plenum for a on3performance turbo kit anyone out there got one of can fabricate for me? I want to put a turbo on y Reaper SS. Help me!

I have a good friend of mine that's out of Florida, he tunes my drag car as well. I'm overdue for a visit to him.
You will be fine tuning in the street and my guess is Greg can help you getting started. I personally will have different tunes based on where in the country I’m riding.

U COUD END UP HURTING A MOTOR DOIN IT THAT WAY...........
@TucoSalimonca this is one of the most ignorant things you could say. High level car guys only lean on the motor at the track. A more intelligent comment would have been to say that it’s best to tune where you ride vs tuning 1,000 miles away from where you ride.

I live at 6,000 ft elevation. Do you think it’s smart to tune my bike here on the dyno and then go to Texas to race a full mile? That sounds like a great way to hurt the motor.

Larry Larson has never tuned on a dyno. Do you know what he’s accomplished?

Tuco Watch this video before you comment or I’ll keep roasting you.

Larson, Larry Larson who does no prep kings and have never been on a dyno but does drive on the street.

Just stop spreading misinformation and learn to contribute in a meaningful way. That’s all I’m asking of you and I want to keep talking with you btw and am not asking you to stop commenting.

I’m just calling you out on misinformation since you claim to know so much yet say things that are false.

I was wrong about one thing. Larson had never been on a dyno previously but he did have the new Cadillac on the Fueltech hub dyno. Making “1200+” hp :lol:

Show up to NPK making 1200 and see what happens.

Wow my thread got hijacked
Let's get it back on track. Bike is running sweet! I ordered up a set of FIC 525cc injectors. Might possibly do an E85 tune as well. I just really like knowing the dead times/flow vs voltage/pressure. That way when I go turbo, I can just throw in a set of 1000cc and rock on! I'm having an absolute blast getting everything sorted out. This is a much more advanced ECM than my old Haltech!

You will be fine tuning in the street and my guess is Greg can help you getting started. I personally will have different tunes based on where in the country I’m riding.
Drivability and economy are my primary reason for going with the MAXX. Honestly, if it makes the same peak numbers as the stock ECM, I am fine with that. Plus, I love to tinker. I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, I need something to tinker with on my time off!

Drivability and economy are my primary reason for going with the MAXX. Honestly, if it makes the same peak numbers as the stock ECM, I am fine with that. Plus, I love to tinker. I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, I need something to tinker with on my time off!
That’s how I feel and really love to learn all of this stuff. It’s also something I commented about in my build thread that I can tell a Greg enjoys what he does with Maxx. When choosing a product that’s important to me.

I also need something to do and tinkering with Woolich was fun but now I’m going to wire my bike from scratch and then tinker with the Fueltech. It will keep me busy for a while!

My apologies for snapping in your thread earlier.

It’s awesome to learn about the sensors and inputs vs outputs; and have a data log to see patterns and track issues as they come up. I’m a software engineer and the first thing I want to see with a new product is where are the logs.

Do you follow any car stuff? I love listening to guys like Shane T and Steve Morris talk about how they troubleshoot issues.

That’s how I feel and really love to learn all of this stuff. It’s also something I commented about in my build thread that I can tell a Greg enjoys what he does with Maxx. When choosing a product that’s important to me.

I also need something to do and tinkering with Woolich was fun but now I’m going to wire my bike from scratch and then tinker with the Fueltech. It will keep me busy for a while!

My apologies for snapping in your thread earlier.

It’s awesome to learn about the sensors and inputs vs outputs; and have a data log to see patterns and track issues as they come up. I’m a software engineer and the first thing I want to see with a new product is where are the logs.

Do you follow any car stuff? I love listening to guys like Shane T and Steve Morris talk about how they troubleshoot issues.
As a software guy you would love what I'm doing with the gen3 dash, or hate it because its more of your day job LOL.

I'm horrible at software, but just barely good enough to make the cut with to replicate what they are doing in CAN LOL

I absolutely love it and have really enjoyed watching you progress.

The stuff I work on is all enterprise level software and “boring” but I enjoy what I do a lot.

This stuff is my version of video games and these are the computers I like to play with in my free time.

You’re doing great and I never knew anything about CAN until I realized it was something that had to be figured out with this dash. I was going to buy a CAN decoder and then realized that I just want the FT.

What you are doing is going to be far more desirable than what I’m doing for the average person and I love it.

I’d encourage more people to consider a Maxx and believe the days of paying someone to tune your bike are numbered.

Glorious data!

20221218_144100.jpg

Back