@13B-RX3 Gen1 MaxxECU Sport I am working on

All done

Hayabusa ignition settings.png

Drivability and economy are my primary reason for going with the MAXX. Honestly, if it makes the same peak numbers as the stock ECM, I am fine with that. Plus, I love to tinker. I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, I need something to tinker with on my time off!
I've been taking online trainings from EFI University and am on the advanced tuning concepts. They cited a paper from the 1920's!! Called "naca report 189" which states "power within 1 per cent of the maximum are obtained over a wide range of AFR".

EFI U said engines typically produce the most power between .8 and .85 Lambda. They state you want to base your AFR on what your goal is (max power, reliability, economy, or emissions) but need to keep thermal (heat) management in mind. Your lambda target appears to be .880 which seems to be pretty good to me. I'd also rather be on the safe side.

1672492209976.png

1672492038624.png

PS. I use Tech Smith Capture for screen grabs. It's free and I've used their products for years.

That's what's so great about tuning in VE. Once the VE table is tuned, you just manipulate the lambda target table for desired AFR. As for timing, that's where the power is, but it's a dangerous game for trial and error. I talked to Johnny Cheese and he said there's not much power to be gained over the stock timing map. I copied the stock timing map to a T and probably won't mess with timing for now. It seems pretty happy! You are correct, .880 at wide open throttle linearized to .950 at 0 throttle. Once the VE table is set I'll probably set cruise closer to 1.0, or at least mess around with trying to increase fuel economy.

Last edited:
The auto tune is an awesome feature!! I try to look at the MTune software along with the FT Manager to try and be familiar with both.

The Fueltech doesn’t have an auto tune and the base fuel map is generated based on entering in everything about your engine.

The math that I’m doing is in the EFI University courses. They teach you how to calculate everything without the ecu. Our ECU’s just do that math for us when we input the engine details.

Nice!!! Brock Davison mentioned in one of his videos the same thing about timing. What you’re saying makes sense. I guess that’s why it’s important to know how to set the base VE table. I didn’t realize how much math is involved in all of this.
I love this kinda stuff... I write algorithmic logic for Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) using VHDL (very high speed hardware description language) for various applications.
Parallel computing in today's supercomputers and Graphics Proceessing Units (GPU) is the way to go nowadays.

For FPGA, the math being Boolean Algebra (logic) used to design Electronic Control Module (ECM) hardware and written into flash memory is one application of FPGA and I believe they are the future of ECM as they are finitely faster than legacy methods. I would love to build one!!!!!!!!

I love this kinda stuff... I write algorithmic logic for Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) using VHDL (very high speed hardware description language) for various applications.
Parallel computing in today's supercomputers and Graphics Proceessing Units (GPU) is the way to go nowadays.

For FPGA, the math being Boolean Algebra (logic) used to design Electronic Control Module (ECM) hardware and written into flash memory is one application of FPGA and I believe they are the future of ECM as they are finitely faster than legacy methods. I would love to build one!!!!!!!!

Not gonna lie, this is what I heard while reading that. Way over my head, but sounds cool!

Nice! I’m always trying to write what I do with performance in mind. I can’t wait to see the next generation of racing ecu’s.
Not gonna lie, this is what I heard while reading that. Way over my head, but sounds cool!
The side fumbling killed me hahaha

Back