2006 zx14 vs. 2006 busa

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
During a top secret test in Phoenix Arizona, with whether conditions, a beautiful 80 degrees with an adjusted altitude of 1800 ft.........a 2006 Hayabusa and a 2006 Kawasaki ZX14 were run head to head, both with 800 miles on them, both with stock gearing,stock pipes, stock height, stock tires(same air pressure),stock settings on chassis,same gas out of same jug(pump), and same rider(me)
alternating between both bikes after 4 runs a piece.

After 4 runs on the Hayabusa, a baseline ET of 9.92@ 141.55 (STOCK HEIGHT)

4 runs on the ZX14 netted a baseline of 9.77 at 145.89

after 6 sets of 4 runs a piece ,the best numbers looked like this
Hayabusa............. ZX
1.66.................... 1.66
4.31.................... 4.34
6.34.................... 6.27
114.44 mph.......... 117.10 mph

9.901@142.00 9.755@146.20 STOCK HEIGHT!!!!!!!

Without being biased, if anyone ever gets a chance to ride the 2 bikes, one behind the other, you too will be amazed at how much of a difference you feel in acceleration.

Psychobike Links Do Not Work

The 06 Busa is still a respectable and capable motorcycle!

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140190720 -->

From Rickey...

As promised..........................here are the official numbers and info everyone around the country is waiting for.

I am doing this as a public service so lets not let this get out of hand with the non-believers.

These are real production motorcycles and the performances are real, and realistic, and can be duplicated with any off the shelf ZX14, cause we have tested more than one with same results.
I hope no one has built up there expectations so high that the real numbers are un-impressive.........................but here it is.

2006 Kawasaki ZX14
mods-------slammed
no air filter
THATS IT!!!!

Stock pipes
stock gearing
87 octane pump gas
stock tires
ABSOLUTELY NO TRICKS

60ft ............... 1.56
330ft ............. 4.04
660ft ..............6.08 @ 120.90
1000ft ............7.85

1320ft 9.36 @ 147.71

remember this was acheived with stock gearing, most notable was 47 runs in one day with same clutch.
At one point we made 12 back to back runs, clutch is UNBELIEVABLE!!! STOCK GEARING!!!!!!!!

Torque is unbeleivable, and allows you to leave under 4000 RPM and still have to fight the front wheel.

I think even more impressive than that is the results me and Coby got with a 6 inch over arm (64 inches).

MODS

64 inches
Pirelli
Air shifter
MR9
SLIP ON MUZZYS CANISTER
no Air filter
1 tooth smaller counter shaft(16)

1.36 1.37
3.66 3.68
5.59 @ 126.55 5.62 @125.73
7.28 7.32

8.73 @ 154.55 8.78@153.54

PS - blue bottle is for Air Shifter not nitrous!

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140190332 -->

You can not outrun technology.... the Busa is still basically 1999 technology.
blush.gif

Definately time to step it up a notch
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140190950 -->

I've ridden the 12R, and yes it's a good - fast bike. But, the build quality isn't as good as the Suzuki nor is the comfort. Of course you can say you can change the comfort, but I would rather start more comfortable and go up, than having to really increase the comfort to the Suz starting point. And for me, I doubt most people could go faster than I and not get a ticket, cause .07 sec don't mean squat when your looking at going 500 to 1000 miles at a time  
biggrin.gif

Of course if I was a street racer, I see benefits in the 12R and not just the stock .07 sec's ! But, then it wouldn't be stock ! And if it wasn't stock and just for the street SMILES, I'd go turbo and then the benefits change even with the 12R being Turboed  
race.gif

I've ridden the 12R, and yes it's a good - fast bike. But, the build quality isn't as good as the Suzuki nor is the comfort. Of course you can say you can change the comfort, but I would rather start more comfortable and go up, than having to really increase the comfort to the Suz starting point. And for me, I doubt most people could go faster than I and not get a ticket, cause .07 sec don't mean squat when your looking at going 500 to 1000 miles at a time
biggrin.gif

Of course if I was a street racer, I see benefits in the 12R and not just the stock .07 sec's ! But, then it wouldn't be stock ! And if it wasn't stock and just for the street SMILES, I'd go turbo and then the benefits change even with the 12R being Turboed
race.gif
This is the ZX14, not the 12.

My buddy had a Turbo ZX12... even compared to mine, it was a problem child.

And it just did not make power like the Busa.

It will be interesting to see how this new heavy weight does with a Turbo...

I see the post.. and even read it twice.. but all I'm getting out of it is "blah blah blah yada yada blah blah"~
tounge.gif

I, for one, didn't buy a Busa because of it's reputation as King of Hill~ Doesn't make a diff to me if someone else builds a faster bike (stock)~ I'm still, and always will be, very happy and satisfied with what I get from my Busa~ Besides... she's still prettier then that Kow!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting this up Cecil.

It's nice to see an unbiased comparison.

The 14 is still fugly tho.
face7.gif

I expected slightly more. Good numbers though. Oh and when Ricky says, "absolutly no tricks" I dont buy it. Back in 99' he was on his so called "no tricks" stocked piped/length ZX-9r built by Crossroads powersports that was pulling 9.50s and 1.49 60's. That 9r had some "tricks".

All I can say is cool test, good write up...

OH and Ricky Gadson is Kawi's beeyotch.  Hell a Factory Kawi Rider finds the New ZX14 to be faster?  There's a fuggin surprise....

Give me a break!!!!  

I am NOT saying the Kawi isn't a faster bike in the quarter.  But to have "ricky gadson" tell me this is a crock of Crap...  Worth about .1cent and was probably written up for fuggin Cycle World....  The pillar of Credibility....  
laugh.gif

So, I am un-impressed, more I would say I am amused, by this particular report...  
laugh.gif

Lemme say it again, I am not saying the 14 isn't going to be a faster Bike, I am saying that I am not going to listen to a Kawi factory sponsored rider tell me it's faster...  OF course it is...  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140206423 -->

laugh.gif

I still think it’s BS…. Anytime you hear "top secret testing" you know its BS...Why wasn’t just beating the Busa good enough? Lets add mods to the Kawi and get better numbers.. If it was a real test they would have stopped at stock vs. stock. And lastly Rickey how do we “the publicâ€￾ know you didn’t hold back a little on the Busa?

Good review - a little biased, but still a good review....take out all the praise, song & dance and what do you have ? A brand new Kawi, with a pro-rider that in my real-world conclusion barley beats the Busa.

after 6 sets of 4 runs a piece ,the best numbers looked like this
Hayabusa............. ZX
1.66.................... 1.66
4.31.................... 4.34
6.34.................... 6.27
114.44 mph.......... 117.10 mph

9.901@142.00 9.755@146.20

In drag racing, yah there is a difference....but for the street...I mean C'mon - is this the Busa-Slayer
rock.gif
I dont think I would trade my 05 Busa for the kawi with these numbers. I was expecting something much more from Kawi, and a little let down that Kawi hardly raised-the-bar. So, lets see....My Busa with pipe, airbox mod, pc3usb, a few little tweaks, running 171 rwhp is gonna hand a new stock & shiny ZX-14 owner his lunch when hes riding it home from the dealer thinking he or she is on the baddest bird on the planet
rock.gif

If I were Suzuki, I would be giggling just a little. Suzuki head R&D tec is saying - fug the new engine, ramair design, and etc... lets just shave some plastic of the stock-undertail, design a lighter wheel and Bingo...we beat Kawi's numbers and we save our new design for 2012 when Kawi try's to out do us again...ok people, I buying at Taco Bell...lol

Should make for some intresting debates now that the Kawi is right there with the Busa....and Im excited to see all the reviews, rants and friendly racing.

rock.gif

The ZX14 is definitely not the nicest looking bike but the numbers do look good for an 06 that has always been in 2nd place. As we all are looking forward to is the 07 hayabusa which will probably be released in late September early October.
biggrin.gif

Back