2006 zx14 vs. 2006 busa

Good review - a little biased, but still a good review....take out all the praise, song & dance and what do you have ? A brand new Kawi, with a pro-rider that in my real-world conclusion barley beats the Busa.

after 6 sets of 4 runs a piece ,the best numbers looked like this
Hayabusa............. ZX
1.66.................... 1.66
4.31.................... 4.34
6.34.................... 6.27
114.44 mph.......... 117.10 mph

9.901@142.00        9.755@146.20

In drag racing, yah there is a difference....but for the street...I mean C'mon - is this the Busa-Slayer
rock.gif
I dont think I would trade my 05 Busa for the kawi with these numbers. I was expecting something much more from Kawi, and a little let down that Kawi hardly raised-the-bar. So, lets see....My Busa with pipe, airbox mod, pc3usb, a few little tweaks, running 171 rwhp is gonna hand a new stock & shiny ZX-14 owner his lunch when hes riding it home from the dealer thinking he or she is on the baddest bird on the planet
rock.gif

If I were Suzuki, I would be giggling just a little. Suzuki head R&D tec is saying - fug the new engine, ramair design, and etc... lets just shave some plastic of the stock-undertail, design a lighter wheel and Bingo...we beat Kawi's numbers and we save our new design for 2012 when Kawi try's to out do us again...ok people, I buying at Taco Bell...lol

Should make for some intresting debates now that the Kawi is right there with the Busa....and Im excited to see all the reviews, rants and friendly racing.
Entertaining response Valium and insiteful.

Looks like your spirits are up. You hanging in there?

rock.gif

I expected slightly more. Good numbers though. Oh and when Ricky says, "absolutly no tricks" I dont buy it. Back in 99' he was on his so called "no tricks" stocked piped/length ZX-9r built by Crossroads powersports that was pulling 9.50s and 1.49 60's. That 9r had some "tricks".
9 was the first bike in the 9's. STOCK!
No one ever debated 9.99 stock Creep. If you think a stock 98'-99 ZX-9r was goin' 9.50's and under 1.5 short, I want some of what you're smoking.

<marquee>Read before you post!</marquee>

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140214019 -->

Revlis makes a great point. A Kawasaki rider giving unbiased testimony after "Top Secret" testing states that the new 13.5 is faster than the Busa. I think I will keep my Busa and wait for a more credible source to test the bikes. Why doesn't someone call consumer reports and let them play with the bikes. They have absolutely no ties to sponsor influence.

Good write up and thanks for putting it down. I will stay with the Busa cause its better looking and I feel over all comfort is still with the Busa.
Thanks again for the write up.

Here's what I see....

"After 4 runs on the Hayabusa, a baseline ET of 9.92@ 141.55 (STOCK HEIGHT)

4 runs on the ZX14 netted a baseline of 9.77 at 145.89"

soo...in the hands of a pro drag racer (who rides for mean green) the mighty stock busa gives up exactly .15 seconds and a whopping 4mph in the quarter to the new ugly azz ZX-14?...withs it's 53 extra cc's and it's 12:1 engine wearing compression?....I'm out!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for posting it. I honestly expected to see a little more distance between the Bus and the 14...but .146 is quite a bit when you are in the 9's already...

Technology is a beautiful thing!!!
smile.gif

Two points:

Point 1 - I don't drag race.  I ride my 'Busa on the street.  But, .146 seconds and 4.2 mph difference in the quarter mile "you too will be amazed at how much of a difference you feel in acceleration" - I just don't buy it.  It smells of bias.  Did a marketing guy write that statement?  I just don't think the time or speed is significant enough make me "amazed".  A difference yes, "amazed" no.

Point 2 - If the Kawasaki is faster fine, good for them, competition (sic) always improves the breed.  I'm not taking anything away from Kawasaki, but after all this time that's the best they could do?  I would have expected  a *significant* difference (not the "amaz(ing) difference you feel in acceleration") in both quarter mile time and speed.

Maybe Kawasaki will sell a few more 14's in 2006 ("New King" yada yada..) than the 12.  But, I'm not sure this "statement" by Kawasaki even has Suzuki interested.  I suppose Suzuki might yawn and make a minor tweak or so and "out-Kawasaki" Kawasaki with an "amazing" 1 or 2 tenths in the quarter, or a mile or three in speed, but who cares?  At this rate, the base 'Busa in 99 could go on forever with just a minor tweak or so every 6-8 years.

Just my opinion.

That sounds about what you would expect.

I'd like to see someone post a dyno chart on this thing, that would tell the full story.

regardless....the bottom line for me is...if I was inclined to purchase a Kaw to replace my busa?....for all it's uglyness?...I'd actually rather have a ZX-12R than the new 14...at least the 12R had acceptable looks...and now the 14 makes the 12R look like a beauty queen...with dare I say?...."simular performance"...and woe be to the hoopla kings.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Here's what I see....

"After 4 runs on the Hayabusa, a baseline ET of 9.92@ 141.55 (STOCK HEIGHT)

4 runs on the ZX14 netted a baseline of 9.77 at 145.89"

soo...in the hands of a pro drag racer (who rides for mean green) the mighty stock busa gives up exactly .15 seconds and a whopping 4mph in the quarter to the new ugly azz ZX-14?...withs it's 53 extra cc's and it's 12:1 engine wearing compression?....I'm out!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
if busa is working with 99 tec
and the kaw is working with 06 tec and only pulls.15 of a second. does not impress me. busa is still king

This is either the 1st or 2nd post for this BS topic and I for one truly believe it is fake. I posted a long reply under the E-Racer post and don't want to type sooo much to repeat, so anyony interested in a few "facts from the Kawi rep at tne DC bike show in Jan. 06 and 2 Kawi dealers as of 4pm 2-17-06 can find that thread and read all about it. The bottom line is that until a real test in the open is done by Cycle World or Motorcyclist this will continue to be BS. BTY the little "creep" sure seems to be delighted with this story, maybe he wrote it or is in fact old "12" who was such a BS artist in the smack shack. Go away little boy and don't come back until the facts are known. If the 14 isn't faster than the KING, Kawi should be ashamed.

Good write-up. Those r impressive numbers.:D I love Kawi and Suzi's and the battle is on, again! When r the Kaw's gonna see the showroom floor though? No sign of them here in The heart of So Cal!

Good review - a little biased, but still a good review....take out all the praise, song & dance and what do you have ? A brand new Kawi, with a pro-rider that in my real-world conclusion barley beats the Busa.

after 6 sets of 4 runs a piece ,the best numbers looked like this
Hayabusa............. ZX
1.66.................... 1.66
4.31.................... 4.34
6.34.................... 6.27
114.44 mph.......... 117.10 mph

9.901@142.00 9.755@146.20

In drag racing, yah there is a difference....but for the street...I mean C'mon - is this the Busa-Slayer
rock.gif
I dont think I would trade my 05 Busa for the kawi with these numbers. I was expecting something much more from Kawi, and a little let down that Kawi hardly raised-the-bar. So, lets see....My Busa with pipe, airbox mod, pc3usb, a few little tweaks, running 171 rwhp is gonna hand a new stock & shiny ZX-14 owner his lunch when hes riding it home from the dealer thinking he or she is on the baddest bird on the planet
rock.gif

If I were Suzuki, I would be giggling just a little. Suzuki head R&D tec is saying - fug the new engine, ramair design, and etc... lets just shave some plastic of the stock-undertail, design a lighter wheel and Bingo...we beat Kawi's numbers and we save our new design for 2012 when Kawi try's to out do us again...ok people, I buying at Taco Bell...lol

Should make for some intresting debates now that the Kawi is right there with the Busa....and Im excited to see all the reviews, rants and friendly racing.
Entertaining response Valium and insiteful.

Looks like your spirits are up. You hanging in there?
hey bro...with post stating facts like these, how can I not be in a good mood...lol

Keeping it real...
beerchug.gif

rock.gif

I have to say these are real numbers. If you visit the psychobike website Ricky put up some pictures of a Busa and the 14 at the track. We'll just have to wait and see what the motorcycle magazines come out with but I'm sure they already know about this testing that just happened in AZ.

Most of you guys are so funny, the busa beats the 12 by .04 and it is a a$$ whooping. The 14 beats the busa by .14 and you'll just put a pipe on it and smoke the 14, just pull your head out, if those numbers are correct your stock or slightly modded busa's won't have a chance. Hopfully the 2007 busa will be a huge improvment over the current model to run with the 14 or smoke it just to keep it interesting.

Most of you guys are so funny, the busa beats the 12 by .04 and it is a a$$ whooping. The 14 beats the busa by .14 and you'll just put a pipe on it and smoke the 14, just pull your head out, if those numbers are correct your stock or slightly modded busa's won't have a chance. Hopfully the 2007 busa will be a huge improvment over the current model to run with the 14 or smoke it just to keep it interesting.
Apples and oranges. The Busa vs. 12 is 1999 vs. 2000 technology. Busa vs. 14 is 1999 vs. 2006 technology. Look how far the 1000s have come since 2001. The new 1000s can beat the snot out of the 2001s. Heck, the 2005 Suzuki 750s are pushing as many horses as the 2002 R1s, and that's just a 3 year span. Yet the best a 2006 1352cc can do against a 1999 1299cc is .15 of a second. You may say that's a victory, I call it pathetic!

Like I said in the other post relating to this topic:
If that's the best it can do against 7 year old technology, I feel sorry for the 14 when the new Busa arrives.

Actually ... no I don't!

Apples and oranges. The Busa vs. 12 is 1999 vs. 2000 technology. Busa vs. 14 is 1999 vs. 2006 technology. Look how far the 1000s have come since 2001. The new 1000s can beat the snot out of the 2001s. Heck, the 2005 Suzuki 750s are pushing as many horses as the 2002 R1s, and that's just a 3 year span. Yet the best a 2006 1352cc can do against a 1999 1299cc is .15 of a second. You may say that's a victory, I call it pathetic!

If that's the best it can do against 7 year old technology, I feel sorry for the 14 when the new Busa arrives.

Actually ... no I don't!
laugh.gif
 you funny!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140248084 -->

Actually ... no I don't!
I get a kick out of you new poser busa riders, knocking a bike for only having 1352cc obviously you are to young or were not into bikes when suzuki's big bore was called a 1100 and was actually only 1052cc and then a few years later they changed bore/stroke and it was 1127cc stilled called it a 1100? Don't get me wrong I still think the 14 is as ugly the busa, and I switched over to Kawasaki after being on suzuki sport bikes since '87 with zero problems and would still be riding them if I liked what they had to offer.
You must not have read my post very well as I stated "if those numbers are correct" and my last line "Hopefully the 2007 busa will be a huge improvement over the current model to run with the 14 or smoke it just to keep interesting." So take it as you want

Back