2006 zx14 vs. 2006 busa

Good review - a little biased, but still a good review....take out all the praise, song & dance and what do you have ? A brand new Kawi, with a pro-rider that in my real-world conclusion barley beats the Busa.

after 6 sets of 4 runs a piece ,the best numbers looked like this
Hayabusa............. ZX
1.66.................... 1.66
4.31.................... 4.34
6.34.................... 6.27
114.44 mph.......... 117.10 mph

9.901@142.00        9.755@146.20

In drag racing, yah there is a difference....but for the street...I mean C'mon - is this the Busa-Slayer
rock.gif
I dont think I would trade my 05 Busa for the kawi with these numbers. I was expecting something much more from Kawi, and a little let down that Kawi hardly raised-the-bar. So, lets see....My Busa with pipe, airbox mod, pc3usb, a few little tweaks, running 171 rwhp is gonna hand a new stock & shiny ZX-14 owner his lunch when hes riding it home from the dealer thinking he or she is on the baddest bird on the planet
rock.gif

If I were Suzuki, I would be giggling just a little. Suzuki head R&D tec is saying - fug the new engine, ramair design, and etc... lets just shave some plastic of the stock-undertail, design a lighter wheel and Bingo...we beat Kawi's numbers and we save our new design for 2012 when Kawi try's to out do us again...ok people, I buying at Taco Bell...lol

Should make for some intresting debates now that the Kawi is right there with the Busa....and Im excited to see all the reviews, rants and friendly racing.
AMEN my brotha! I could not have worded this better myself. I was expecting a WHOLE lot more from a bike with 35 more horsepower than the busa. But they won so I guess thats all that matters but I am with you all the way. Thanks to my mods my Busa is hitting HP #s in the low 170's and I would love to see one of these ZZR riders out on the highway and test out their brand new George Foreman grill for them. They best no how to ride or I am gonna close that close little gap these numbers are showing for them.

rock.gif

The Busa has been the same bike for 7 years now? It took Kaw that long to catch up. Not to mention the ZX12 was built just to beat a Busa, and couldn't do it. I looked at a 12 when i bought the Busa......The 12 looked like it was half finished and they said " close enuff, lets ship it" To me it looked like most of the lights, signals, levers, and cables came straight off my old 1980 CSR 1000. I hope the fit and finish is better on the 14. With the power these new bikes have, it comes down to who has the balls to stay in it the longest and the hardest..........

If you guys read through Ricky's posts he goes on to state on a post that the reason the numbers are so close between the Busa and the 14 on the stock runs was because the 14 has so much torque it was very difficult to launch thereby not utilizing it's full power. I have to admit that the Kawi is a beast but we'll have to see what the new Busa will do. Personally, I'm very happy with my busa and don't need any more power.

I have kids, and I just happened to be watching Monster's Inc. The ZX14 looks like Mr. Waternoose from that movie. ZX14 must have been designed by Disney and Pixar! For those of you with kids you will know what I am talking about. I will come up with a comparison and post it later.

oh how the mighty are falling.

I for one welcome the 14 with open arms.. farewell to the posers who will lose interest when the crown is gone.

As long as the resell value stays put I'm happy.

I was expecting a WHOLE lot more from a bike with 35 more horsepower than the busa.[/QUOTE]

35 more hp?
rock.gif

187 - 175 = <s>35</s>

187 - 175 = 12

Do you suppose the other manufacturers are sitting back waiting to see what happens here? BMW is supposed to have an HP4 version of the k-1200 with 190hp waiting in the wings. Honda has beem rumored to be readying a new Sport touring missile aimed at this segment. Even the road going version of the Ducati V-4 is being rumored to be taking aim at this class. These bikes do sell (and give rise to lots of winter time hyperbole in these internet forums) big and it would be a huge oversight to think that Kawasaki is the only one who now wants a piece of the Busa's turf. This could be a very competitive class a few years from now.

Now a 450lb Hayabusa with 200rwhp and traction control would seem like a pretty intriguing possibility under those conditions. Cant wait!

OK apart from the squids that sneak in and take a shot at us from other boards, I am a little dissapointed at all the excuses in this post. Yes the Busa is older technology, Yes the rider was a kawi factory rider, blah blah blah. The fact is thet they are both very nice very fast bikes. The only thing I really take a disliking to is claiming the Busa is not king anymore. I have a 2000 unrestricted Busa and for any of the Kawi's that want to line up for a mile or 2 stock for stock to see if they can keep up well..... Come on down. At last I checked stock the 99 and 2000 Hayabusa is faster than anything out there STOCK.... end of story done did over no more period end of story.... As far as drag racing They are very close I would like to see all the times in 15 runs on each. You can get faster bikes stock also. Ever run 2 Busas on the same day stock at the track? I bet one comes out on top each time. It was at least a fiar comparison of the 2 bikes IMO It will not always outcome that way I dont believe. I want to try one of the new Kawis for myself and see how I like it.

Lets say that the 13.5 is faster... I actually think that would be great!!! Us busa riders pay more for insurance because of the "worlds fastest bike" being on our beloved Busas. Every Rockstar, kid with mama's money and squid out their that has no buisness being on a bike, let alone a Busa goes out and hurts themselves then we have to pay more for insurance to own the bike that we love. Let kawi take the damn spotlight for a while and we can enjoy riding the bike of our choice. I am like most on this board, I did not buy a Busa because it is the "fastest production bike". I bought it because it fits my style of riding, comfort, and look. Besides with a few cheap mods the kawi is history, we are not talking about a second difference in the quarter or anything like original rumors were. When it comes to the track, I don't know about you guys, but anyone running quarters is on Busas not 13.5, so i'm not impressed. The Busa's in the guiness book of world records, the Kawi ads say " fastest Kawi ever built", not fastest production bike. Suzuki, apperently is not scared, they are taking their sweet time getting the 07 out. And why should they worry, Kawi sales are not up because of the 13.5. Actually, I hear from a buddy of mine that owns a dealership, they are down. Yamaha is kicking their ass. The new Suzuki GSRX 600 is a great bike and is selling the hell out of Kawi. What benefit is Suzuki going to get out of releasing a faster 07 right now? The king is still king. But let the damn butt ugly, 80's looking, George Formen grill, Busa want to be take the thrown for a year or so.

<!--EDIT|Fate
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152809261 -->

Back