2010 Shelby Mustang GT500

yeah i was at a ford delership a few weeks ago and they had a 2010 GT mustang for $38k ??? 10k dealer markup

:rofl:

I laugh at dealers pulling this crap and in this market.... :rofl:

sorry i have clumsy fingers our vette and stang are both 09's.. we have over six hundred horsepower in the stang with the modds and it still dont keep up with the stock 505 horse power zo6. sorry i love both cars and the cobra is mine but thr vette is just a brute!!

So you are saying that your GT500 with all the bolt-on's putting down 600rwhp won't run with your stock Z06 that makes 440rwhp...? ???

Sounds like you need a driver mod... :laugh:

:rofl:

I laugh at dealers pulling this crap and in this market.... :rofl:

So you are saying that your GT500 with all the bolt-on's putting down 600rwhp won't run with your stock Z06 that makes 440rwhp...? ???

Sounds like you need a driver mod... :laugh:

well we have the cobra and our friend has one as well with the same modds and the zo6 pulls away from both of them, we have swaped cars and the same results happen, by all means you can come prove us wrong, but i think you will have a hard time calling my husband a poor driver... id put money on it!! we will have them both on the strip and the end of this month, same day so ill post up the results if you are calling bs on me!!

well we have the cobra and our friend has one as well with the same modds and the zo6 pulls away from both of them, we have swaped cars and the same results happen, by all means you can come prove us wrong, but i think you will have a hard time calling my husband a poor driver... id put money on it!! we will have them both on the strip and the end of this month, same day so ill post up the results if you are calling bs on me!!

Is the Z06 stock...?

I've got friends with both cars and unless the Z06 has the basic mods I just don't see it happening unless you are doing back to back pulls on the hwy after heat soak. The Z06 is quick but a 600rwhp GT500 should have little problem pulling a stock one.

Please, post up the results on the 1/4-mile... :thumbsup:

Goodluck at finding a 2010 GT500 for under $70K.

It's like anything else you just have to shop around. I have friends that have had them ordered for months and paid under sticker... ;)

A dealer here in Indy marked up a ZR1 to 149k.:rofl: It says 30k markup for fare market value :wtf: Sad thing is some stupid doctor,business owner or ball player will pay it :banghead:

Idiots and they wonder why GM is in trouble... :banghead:

Last edited:
acually i totaly agree with you that the zo6 shouldnt pull away like it does but it does!! We ran the 2 cars side by side when they were both totaly stock and the cobra wasnt even close. Then we did the modds to the cobra and too her out for a drive and thought she felt pretty strong and ran it agains the z again and still the vette pulled away, we swaped drivers and same thing. Im not saying the zo6 made a monkey out of the cobra after it was modded but it just still wasnt enough. I have a vid of mike running our old 2002 zo6 against his friends cobra when he bought it new a few years ago and the zo6 had a half a lenght on his stock cobra. And they ran about 10 races so it wasnt a fluke. I absalutly love the cobra im not trying to bad mouth it at all we both love it but the zo6 just runs better than the numbers would make you think it would. yeah ill deff put some vids up of the 2 cars on the strip, i cant waite it should be fun, mabey by then we will have done a few new thinks to the cobra and teach that vett a leason lol:laugh:

i PLAYED AROUND RACING A GT 500 with my sons slightly ( :whistle:)modded 350z. tOOK IT BUT NOT BY A LOT. WE PULLED OVER AND I SAID i WILL BE BACK WITH MY SLIGHLY MOD BUSA. The Green Dragon took the GT by about a mile / 3 miles if you count when he hit about 165mph on the car. nice car though. Wish I could afford one.

Last edited:
i PLAYED AROUND RACING A GT 500 with my sons slightly ( :whistle:)modded 350z. tOOK IT BUT NOT BY A LOT. WE PULLED OVER AND I SAID i WILL BE BACK WITH MY SLIGHLY MOD BUSA. The Green Dragon took the GT by about a mile / 3 miles if you count when he hit about 165mph on the car. nice car though. Wish I could afford one.

Tell my the 350Z is heavily modded with a TT kit....? Driver mod helps a LOT on the street... :laugh:

Only $47,000, which to be honest isn't that expensive for a vehicle that is paces away from a Vette or Viper.

QUOTE]

Being an owner of a 08 Z06 and have driven a gt500, I would have to say that the gt500 comes no where near a Z06, let alone "paces away".

They are two completely different cars on top of it. GT500 is a muscle car and a Z is a sports car. A Z will destroy a Shelby on the track both with and without turns.

I’ve always been a fan of the gt500 but the vette is a far superior car in pretty much every aspect. If you haven’t gotten a chance to drive them, check out some of the car and driver, Edmonds, independent, ect. reviews....the vette always destroys it.

EDIT: you also have to consider the amount of power that a GT500 is gunna have to make to keep up with a stock Z06 the stock z06 weighs in at 3150 while the GT500 is a tank weighing in at 3920 lbs. Once you take that into acount the gt500 is gunna have to be making upwards of 600hp to keep up with the Z.

Last edited:
I have a vid of mike running our old 2002 zo6 against his friends cobra when he bought it new a few years ago and the zo6 had a half a lenght on his stock cobra. And they ran about 10 races so it wasnt a fluke.
Of course a stock zo6 will pull a stock cobra. The cobra was built to kick the butt of the camaro ss not the rediculously more expensive zo6. That's quite a compliment to compare a $34,000 cobra to a $70,000 zo6.

Most car guys don't leave their cars stock for long and it doesn't take much $ to make the 03 cobra or the new gt500 quick. They are a good value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this one..

CIMG2970.JPG

This might be your answer:
Hayabusa vs 2012 Shelby GT500.wmv - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
It was my answer in 2006 when I was looking at getting a Livernois Motorsport Mustang $65K capable of 200 MPH standing mile. I could have gotten seven Busa's for the price of that Mustang.

Back