2022 shock exhaust DB remove and

TommyBusa1

Registered
Hi everyone question can a 2022 Hayabusa stock exhaust be modified by removing the DB killer etc. thanks

B829E3D5-F58E-4F95-8262-86B2464389F9.jpeg

Take it apart and gut it. I have a feeling it's going to be crazy loud though.:thumbsup:

At least if you take out the catalytic elements, it won't be so darn hot for so darn long.

It's both. You've got a catalytic converter canister in the bottom of the collector behind the exhaust headers before they split and go to the two mufflers. Then you have individual catalytic converters in each muffler. Take a muffler off and, hold it in your arms, it's heavy.

if u know someone who has a bore scope/ flexible camera u can take a look inside the stock can and see what you are dealing with. ive done that to a few other bikes ive owned. on a daytona 675 i had i cut open the stock can and cut out the sound baffles then removed the exh flapper valve.

It's both. You've got a catalytic converter canister in the bottom of the collector behind the exhaust headers before they split and go to the two mufflers. Then you have individual catalytic converters in each muffler. Take a muffler off and, hold it in your arms, it's heavy.
Unbelievable 3 catalytic converters.... I'm going to try to take it apart tomorrow take a few photos keep you posted Thanks Everyone !!!!!

def post some pics, stock look but with extra flow. before u bust your catalytic converters, id check to see what they are work. some scrap/recycling place pay good for them.

It takes five minutes and sounds great remove the mufflers you’ll save 22 pounds maybe 23 Lbs right off the bat... Sounds great not too loud with low deep growl sound. Attached the cover looks amazing sounds amazing hope you enjoy.. For a slip on, 48 mm good to go !!!

Last edited:
Any word on how much work it is taking to get the can opened up and the cat removed?! I just came across this post and definitely curious.

Was also thinking of doing similar and just removing the cans and leaving the heat shield in place as a way to hide the open/naked pipe while adding volume.

Back