2022 shock exhaust DB remove and

stock muffler looks quite restrictive.

155B95DE-96B1-4C74-93A8-546C9616DCFA.jpeg

Any word on how much work it is taking to get the can opened up and the cat removed?! I just came across this post and definitely curious.

Was also thinking of doing similar and just removing the cans and leaving the heat shield in place as a way to hide the open/naked pipe while adding volume.

You will noticeably remove backpressure and low to mid rpm throttle response along with the cats.
You would need to replace the cats with pipe inside of the exhaust, to prevent having 3 big empty chambers, at least and especially the one in the header.

My mechanic suggested it's not worth it... the main cat that's located center of the motorcycle helps dampen the sound a bit... the heat shield is perfect so we might go with stainless steel straight pipe to meet the end of the heat shield and or cut the heat shield about 3 to 4 instance from the wide angle tip and then put a stainless steel pipe cut the tip 45° Plus the pipe is 50 mm wide very important.

stock muffler looks quite restrictive.

View attachment 1643835
My mechanic suggested it's not worth it... the main cat that's located center of the motorcycle helps dampen the sound a bit... the heat shield is perfect so we might go with stainless steel straight pipe to meet the end of the heat shield and or cut the heat shield about 3 to 4 instance from the wide angle tip and then put a stainless steel pipe cut the tip 45° Plus the pipe is 50 mm wide very important.

I believe it's just overkill to convince the Euro market, and make them comfortable in selling the machine.

not specific for the 2022 but since the exh systems swap between various years, might not too hard for a fab shop to make something like this work.

Be nice for those of us just going slip-ons if someone could come up with pre-made X-pipe for factory header after cutting out Cat.
Awesome Deano, they've already done it. Now we just have to get the guys to build one for the 21'-22'.

If the welds are in the same adjoining locations, and you have 30mm to play with, it just might work !. Of course, a little ceramic coating on the pipe, and it'll fit right in with the 21'-22' black bike. :D

Does anyone have a Gen II, and a Gen III that could do the side by side measurements ?. Let's get a look at the pipe lengths, pipe diameters, and weld locations. With this kit, you'd still need Brock's 2-1 O2 sensor conversion.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcs
Awesome Deano, they've already done it. Now we just have to get the guys to build one for the 21'-22'.

If the welds are in the same adjoining locations, and you have 30mm to play with, it just might work !. Of course, a little ceramic coating on the pipe, and it'll fit right in with the 21'-22' black bike. :D

Does anyone have a Gen II, and a Gen III that could do the side by side measurements ?. Let's get a look at the pipe lengths, pipe diameters, and weld locations. With this kit, you'd still need Brock's 2-1 O2 sensor conversion.
the gen 2 already has a brocks exh so i cant compare the stock headers mounted on the bike. i can take pics of the area around the oil pan and i do have a gen 2 oem header. what pic do u think u need?

image.jpg

Thanks !, we need the measurement from the header at the reduction 4-2, the weld to the upward turn of the headed pipes.

This adapter basically works where the two single pipes go back to the slip ons. If the Gen 3 position is similar to the Gen 2, we can make it work.

As long as the pipes are similar where they reduce from 4 to 2, and two back, the adapter should probably work.

If the pipes are the same distance apart, and if the diameter of the pipes is the same.

So on the GEN two, we essentially have a 41mm diameter pipe, and 2 1/2 inches separation on the inside, 5 1/2 inches outside. At the cat.

On the GEN three we have five and a half outside, two and a half in the middle, and inch and a half diameter pipe, basically 41mm. At the cat. I remeasured on my Gen 3.

The kit has 41mm adapters, a crossover with a slip fit, and all things considered might work.

Last edited:
I've looked at it a bit more. What appears to be an oblong section at the catalytic chamber really doesn't vary much more than a millimeter.

So Deano, you going for it ?. Make a nice little winter project while you're waiting on your mufflers.

Back