A HAYBUSA AT STURGIS

from Sturgis there are plenty of day trip destination to go & see *
1713704136588.jpeg

Box Math GIF by BoxMedia

#Deadwood & #Rushmore *

big grin - yeah - in some circumstances(?) the times had change - lol
Who'dda thunk it!
In the Land of Harley, my Hayabusa was king.
My son and I rode to Sturgis (about 2k RT), me on a CVO Street Glide, he on my tricked out Busa.
No one said boo about my 40K ride, but everyone wanted to talk about the Suzuki. I found it ridiculously amusing and proof the Harley Jap-bike hating stereotype is bogus.
My boy found the Suzuki comfortable, fast and easy to ride with raised bars, higher double bubble and lowered seat. But, in truth, the only time I envied him was when I was muscling my whale through tight canyon turns - at ridiculously slow speeds - and he left me in the dust.
BTW, both bikes got the same gas mileage, which surprised me.

Who'dda thunk it!
In the Land of Harley, my Hayabusa was king.
My son and I rode to Sturgis (about 2k RT), me on a CVO Street Glide, he on my tricked out Busa.
No one said boo about my 40K ride, but everyone wanted to talk about the Suzuki. I found it ridiculously amusing and proof the Harley Jap-bike hating stereotype is bogus.
My boy found the Suzuki comfortable, fast and easy to ride with raised bars, higher double bubble and lowered seat. But, in truth, the only time I envied him was when I was muscling my whale through tight canyon turns - at ridiculously slow speeds - and he left me in the dust.
BTW, both bikes got the same gas mileage, which surprised me.

View attachment 1685292
Did you sell off your Busa and buy an HD?

Is that what you are saying?

I rode my 2012 to sturgis last year. Only had one guy make any comments to the negative about it. Meanwhile his Harley was strapped down on a trailer. I decided to go for an Ironbutt Saddlesore 1000. Achieved it, 1060 miles in 19 hours and 17 minutes.

View attachment 1686694

View attachment 1686695

View attachment 1686696

View attachment 1686697

View attachment 1686698

View attachment 1686699

Fantastic! Well done boss! I did a 1k on a Goldwing years ago. I get tired on my Busa after 250 these days. Congrats!

Back