Aftermarket seat reviews?

nilsmf

Registered
So I am back from a 2000 mile trip through scandinavian roads and german autobahns on my bog standard gen 3. I am really pleased after the trip as I both got to see MotoGP on Sachsenring and confirms one of my targets on buying the Hayabusa, it does long distance touring well. Add to it that it dominates on the autobahn, even the Porsches move out of the left lane when you twist the throttle.

There's just one thing: My buttocks hurts after some hours! I see 3 choices: Loose weight, get Suzuki's OEM upgraded seat or go all the way for Corbin or other aftermarket seat. I am working on #1 but that's going to take time to complete.

Could anybody share their experience with the Suzuki OEM seat, Corbin or other options?

So I am back from a 2000 mile trip through scandinavian roads and german autobahns on my bog standard gen 3. I am really pleased after the trip as I both got to see MotoGP on Sachsenring and confirms one of my targets on buying the Hayabusa, it does long distance touring well. Add to it that it dominates on the autobahn, even the Porsches move out of the left lane when you twist the throttle.

There's just one thing: My buttocks hurts after some hours! I see 3 choices: Loose weight, get Suzuki's OEM upgraded seat or go all the way for Corbin or other aftermarket seat. I am working on #1 but that's going to take time to complete.

Could anybody share their experience with the Suzuki OEM seat, Corbin or other options?
I have the Suzuki upgraded seat, it looks great having two different texture materials, the sides for better grip and the red threads really set it off. It seems to be a little more comfortable for me but definitely not night and day. Others on this forum say it is night and day more comfortable. I weigh 260 pounds and I can ride for well over 100 miles before I go to squirming around. A 250 Saturday or Sunday ride is no problem with a couple of breaks.

I feel the same about the oem upgrade seat as well. Looks nice, very light, pretty darn good cheap upgrade over the stock seat. I have the Brocks/Corbin seat as well. It's not bad, but not as comfortable as the oem upgrade. Maybe a regular Corbin would be better.

Home of the Sheepskin Buttpad Alaska Leather, if you want comfort without breaking the bank, warm in the winter, cool in the summer

IMG_4767.jpeg

I’m sending my seat to Sammy’s Covers at the end of this month. He’s going to add a custom seat cover with a gel pad to add a little comfort.
I don’t have time for long trips so this will do it for me.
He’s on Facebook and Instagram if anyone is interested in checking out his work.

I’m sending my seat to Sammy’s Covers at the end of this month. He’s going to add a custom seat cover with a gel pad to add a little comfort.
I don’t have time for long trips so this will do it for me.
He’s on Facebook and Instagram if anyone is interested in checking out his work.

Just an fyi
if you leave your bike in the sun , even for a short amount of time, those gel pads get Hot, always a good idea to throw a towel over the seat...so not to roast your arse when you sit down, lol

Just an fyi
if you leave your bike in the sun , even for a short amount of time, those gel pads get Hot, always a good idea to throw a towel over the seat...so not to roast your arse when you sit down, lol
I found this out the hard way several years ago when I left the bike out in the sun on a hot day for a couple hours with a new gel pad. Not only does the pad get hot it retains the heat for hours :-( I left the bike out in the sun on a hot day for a couple hours and when I returned I could barely sit on the seat and on my 2+ hour ride home my butt roasted on the seat the entire way.

Yikes, maybe I better rethink the gel pad idea. It’s $60 extra anyway.

It's not that bad, but regardless of the heat, you will likely either love or hate the feel of the gel.
The only problem with Any seat is; will You personally like it?
The best seat advice is to try and sit on one before you buy it, as they are such a personal preference.
If you post your location, there may be an org member within riding distance(whatever that may be for you), and you can arrange a test sit, or even swap seats and go for a ride.
I've done that, and it prevented me from buying seat number 5 for my Gen2 years ago.
I personally like Saddleman with their center groove, and I find Corbins comfortable too, but I can't stand the Brocks Corbin or New Image style race cut seats, as you stay stuck in one place, and can't move around on the seat.
But the next guy to come along will hate the Corbin or Saddleman, and love the Brocks Corbin or New Image...and he'll be just as right as I am about what feels the best.
Good luck.

If you ride enough, your buttocks adapt. If you don't the bike will have to adapt.

Back