Seat for Gen 3

How about weight vs the factory one?
I got 2.3lbs for both. For the comfort seat with my custom gel insert I got 4.5lbs and it isn't that much better :-( . The regular comfort seat to ME feels worse than the factory seat. It looks so so so much better than factory and I love the stitching and the side grip.

I got 2.3lbs for both. For the comfort seat with my custom gel insert I got 4.5lbs and it isn't that much better :-( . The regular comfort seat to ME feels worse than the factory seat. It looks so so so much better than factory and I love the stitching and the side grip.

Yeah, the gel feels soft...but just compresses until it's firm again, and it also holds in heat.
Remove the pad, and cut a Saddleman seat style groove up the center instead.
The difference in moving pressure points from between your legs, to out to your hips and sides of your pelvis, really makes a difference, especially the longer you ride.

Yeah, the gel feels soft...but just compresses until it's firm again, and it also holds in heat.
Remove the pad, and cut a Saddleman seat style groove up the center instead.
The difference in moving pressure points from between your legs, to out to your hips and sides of your pelvis, really makes a difference, especially the longer you ride.
Bought another seat to do this. Not sure how wide or deep I should have gone but we will see. I also shaved a 1/4 inch off as well.
Haven't had a chance to ride it yet.

20230707_003121.jpg

Bought another seat to do this. Not sure how wide or deep I should have gone but we will see. I also shaved a 1/4 inch off as well.
Haven't had a chance to ride it yet.

View attachment 1668832

If you're unsure, you're doing it the right way, a little at a time.
About an inch would be as deep as I'de go to start(if you need to).
After that I'de start making it wider.
It looks really good so far, and may even be all you need as is.
Looking forward to your thoughts on it whenever you decide it's done.

Im
A friend of mine has a gen 3 with a Corbin seat. I got a chance to sit on it and It was a night and day difference in comfort even just sitting on it in the parking lot.

$422 is steep but for comfort, it just well may be worth it.
thinking of taking this step

Myself and several others here had a Corbin on a Gen2, and they are excellent.
The Gen3 seat and tank, and where they meet is narrower, and I personally like that alot more.
The gen3 Corbin even looks more comfortable just from it's shape.
And just an Fyi, Corbin seats can take a while to break in.
They mold to Your shape over time, and at around 190 lbs in gear, my Corbin took about 1200 miles before it went from firm, to just right.
They also offer them in different foam densities.
So far, I have only seen one gen3 owner post pictures here, of Corbin seats they bought, so I am interested to hear more as well.

The Gen3 seat and tank, and where they meet is narrower, and I personally like that alot more.
They mold to Your shape over time, and at around 190 lbs in gear, my Corbin took about 1200 miles before it went from firm, to just right.
So far, I have only seen one gen3 owner post pictures here, of Corbin seats they bought, so I am interested to hear more as well.
I didn’t see an option for foam densities just color preference

Maybe just get the $140 upgrade one from the oem and see how that goes . I’m still in the air

I have had 5 or 6 Corbin's and always liked the quality. I was ready to pull the trigger on one for my Gen 3, but after shipping and tax it is over $500. I picked.up a comfort seat at Partzilla for $103. Will try that for a while, and maybe have a custom rework done on the stock seat some time.

I just bought a Suzuki comfort seat off of eBay for $120 and it was worth ever penny. Long cruises to the beach it’s much softer than stock. I’m going to take my stock seat and take it apart and wrap it in cheetah print suede for when I’m out causing chaos on the roads.
Do you have a link to the seat on eBay?thanks

New Imagine did mine, sent them off and got them back few weeks later. I've had the seat done the same on the Gen1 and 2 as well. While I find it more comfortable, mainly because I feel like I'm riding the bike and not just sitting on top of it.

View attachment 1668701

View attachment 1668702

View attachment 1668703

View attachment 1668704
This seat is just what I'm looking for. Can you post the link to New Imagine as I can't seem to find them on the internet.
Thanks!

Is the Suzuki seat any taller? I'd like a slightly taller, maybe an inch to gain a little more leg room. I'm 6'3" and the seat to peg ratio is my only complaint about this bike after I installed the Helibar riser. I already did aftermarket pegs. They are a "sport" type with no rubber and it did help a bit but I'd love a little more room.

Is the Suzuki seat any taller? I'd like a slightly taller, maybe an inch to gain a little more leg room. I'm 6'3" and the seat to peg ratio is my only complaint about this bike after I installed the Helibar riser. I already did aftermarket pegs. They are a "sport" type with no rubber and it did help a bit but I'd love a little more room.
I can measure my "comfort" seat when I get home and see if its any taller than the stock one. Im never going to use it again my carbon seat pan gets here in a week

ordered a comfort seat, 103. 00 from partzilla we shall see
update backordered oh well it gets here when it gets here..................no eta

Last edited:
Back