Automatic Fuel Pumps Failing !!!!

OB_CaveDweller

Registered
I heard that there have been failures of the automatic fuel pumps !!! I am replacing mine with a manual unit ASAP !!!! Its a little tricky pumping while you ride but I'll know its working !

BTW: I'm getting worried about my automatic oil pump too !

Seriously though,
What are you manual advocates gonna do when some of the group members misadjust (or don't adjust) their manual cam chain tensioners and trash their motors. Suzuki isn't going to cover that. I know the racers use them pretty successfully, but those guys have paid professional wrenches to watch after them. Suzuki went automatic for a reason - Good luck !

My gosh you guys,ALL the old bikes had manual cam chain adjusters. 900 Kaws[Z1's] 750 Hondas even old XL 250 hondas and the list is a mile long. Take the automatic one out, put the manual one in, run the adjuster in by hand till it feels good and snug. Lightly snug the lock nut. Start the bike. Loosen the lock nut and slowly back out the adjuster until you here it starting to make noise, then run it in slowly till it just gets quiet and lock the nut down! No big deal. You always had to adjust the old bikes. They had a slotted screw type adjuster you used a screwdriver on then locked down the lock nut. I would back it out till it started really rattling then turn it in till it got quiet,lock the nut and away we go![ Thats the way everybody did em.]

UGH!
Me cave man.Me make a funny joke.
:)
Funny man,really!
Can you tell me where to get one of those manual fuel pumps and how to install it.Also would like you to post some pictures of the installation.Or,send them via e mail to me at Nervousnovice@EIEIO.com.
;)
B21

Have the doctor install a drawstring after the second kid...
Sorry :redface:
B21

Sorry for the double tap,but the posting functionwas dragging,so I cancelled.But,it seems to have a mind of it's own at times.
B21 :D

[This message has been edited by BUSA00021 (edited 27 July 2000).]

Back