Bike Week

(thepushercg @ Jan. 27 2007,14:23)
(rockadaous @ Jan. 27 2007,14:56) to be honest there's not that much ride'n going on. It's more watching than ride'n. tons of eye candy
beerchug.gif
that sums it up just about right.
biggrin.gif
I was down there two or three years ago, greatest hump mods I've ever seen.
SHOCKED.gif

Come on Warputer let's make it a day ride.
poke.gif

I stayed at the Atlantica II in the first floor room and we snuck them in with no sliders and flipped the bed up against the wall.

Worked like a charm
beerchug.gif

(BigGeorge @ Jan. 27 2007,15:16) Not to threadjack (too much)

Makes me paranoid about Laconia! Anyone been?

Threadjack out!
I went to Laconia last year (2006), but didn't have my bike with me.
sad.gif

Vehicles aren't allowed where the bikes park within the actual event area, so no one can jack your bike. There are also pay parking lots for your bike, again no way for a vehicle to grab and dash with your bike. With all the cops, event people and plain-dressed cops, I can't imagine anyone trying to boost a bike by cutting ignition or locks. Only a low percentage of people had disc locks or chains. Even on the roads around the event, they quickly nabbed anyone doing any type of squiddly behavior. They would quickly take your picture, then radio ahead for the next officer to grab you 100 feet ahead.

Laconia_144.jpg

if you have not reserved your room yet, when calling around to the different hotels, ask them ifthey have 24 hr security guards onthe premisis. the hotel that i stay at during bike week, has like 8-10 security guards per shift. normally 2 per parkinglot. i never worried about my bike while there. hope you have a good time. i will not be there this year.

Whether camping or staying in a motel room:

Fishing line and a pop can with marbles in it. Run the line from the front wheel in to your tent or motel room and attached to a pop can with marbles in it. If anyone moves your bike, the can will let you know. I've seen people use this when staying in a motel and they couldn't bring the bike inside. Just park it right outside the door.

Another thing is get Lojack. Use cable locks and an alarm. Paranoia is your friend at Bike Week.

Fishing line with marbles. That is OLD school!!!

But he11 it would work for a light sleeper.
beerchug.gif

When I go with a group of friends, I put my bike next to a wall or something, and then surround it with my buddies bikes. Then we chain all of them together. (they could still cut the chain, but it'd be a little obvious in the hotel parking lot... it'd be easier just to jack a bike that's not chained to anything... and even if they do cut the chain, they would have to move a bunch of bikes to get to mine...) oh, and u can also try leaving a note on the seat that says "please dont steal me
smile.gif
)

*AHEM*

One of the worse mistakes you can make is to go to Bike Week WITHOUT your bike. I have no regrets in life but going to Bike Week in 2002 w/o my bike was definitely something I'll never repeat.

For those worried about how to secure their bike let me offer this:

No matter what you do, if someone wants to steal your bike, it will be stolen. All you can do is slow them down. I don't care what you put on it. Four guys w/ 2x4's, a van w/ the seats removed, and a blow torch can jack your precious.

I don't know where you plan to stay but some places have secured, gated, gaurded lots for bikes. Bring your kryptonite chain and lock and handle your business.

I heard a story awhile back,a few guys had this serious trailer parked at bike week in Florida,and were charging people to secure there bike over night,it was like a double decker and looked on the up and up,gave people a ticket and a key or some other feel good jester...

When Morning came trailer and all the bikes were gone!!!

Borget hardlys and such..be carefull..lots of bike get jacked from big events!!

I have been to both Daytona and Mytle Beach with no issues. Use your head when you park your bike. Also, make sure you atleast have theft insurance.

Back