I like to use:

• Charcoal Grill

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Gas Grill

Votes: 48 44.4%

• Total voters

Billy Busa

Banned
When you grill, what do you think tastes better, a gas grill or a charcoal grill?

Which do you think is the better grill and why?

it aint REALLY grilled, if you aint using charcoal:rulez:

gas is for wussies n clean-freaks who dont care about FLAVOR:poke:

yeah, what ^ he said.

They both taste ok, but different. and for reasons I can quantify in words, I prefer the coals

You should have made the poll multiple choice.

I love the flavor of my charcoal grill...but for quick, convenient grilling, I love my gas grill.

Now, since I'm in Kansas City - I also have a nice smoker and I love to spend weekends smoking up ribs, brisket, turkey, chicken, etc.

I prefer to cook with charcoal, but my house came with a really nice stainless gas grill plumbed into the propane tank for the house. I think I'm stuck with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I prefer gas grills because it's much easier to control the cooking temp for very touchy foods. I like to singe the outside of my steaks, and slow cook the inside.

Gas. It's just what I'm use to cause my dad is allergic to charcoal. We never had charcoal growin up so I'm use to gas.

I chose charcoal since there was not any other option. I prefer to grill over wood. Mostly hickory but also mesquite, pecan and apple. Wood is as much better than charcoal as charcoal is than gas. In my opinion.

I've always used charcoal. Thought about getting a gas grill but never have. Gas is quicker and easier but definitly takes a hit in the flavor area.

I chose charcoal since there was not any other option. I prefer to grill over wood. Mostly hickory but also mesquite, pecan and apple. Wood is as much better than charcoal as charcoal is than gas. In my opinion.

This is the option that should have been included also.

well...I use flavored wood chips to smoke my steaks, chops, and some chicken for that extra juicy yummines:bowdown:

I cant still remember the first time my dad bought a gas grill and we had some hot dogs on it...I took one bite, and that was all I needed to know CHARCOAL is the only way I'll ever grill my meats-gas leaves a slight 'metallic' taste and sooooo much less "taste" that meats i've had over charcoal just seem to be EXPOLDING with flavor in comparison.
-wood grilling I've never tried, 'cept the usual hot-dogs-over-campfire thing...

I guess I must be part of the New School that just loves the Old School better:moon:

gas grills r more 'environmentally friendly' I will concede-but c'mon guys...you KNOW when you're out on the Busa, rollin thru the 'hood and you catch a wiff of somebody with that charcoal fire burning up some good meats-you just get so hungry you wana do a drive-by and snatch somethin off the grill!:thumbsup: MMMMMMM cant wait to pull my big barrel out and get that beast going again this summer!

*pic from July 4th picnic i had last year-fed over 15 peeps and I had room to spare on this thing!:bowdown:* under $100 and all she needs is a lil TLC once a week to keep my flava flowin'!:thumbsup:

grill 053.JPG

Back