Curious about exhaust

groran1000

Donating Member
Registered
I wonder if a gen2 aftermarket 4 in1 will fit the gen3? Guess we'll find out later when they sell the first batches of exhaust for the gen3.

Straight from bennetts uk...
Screenshot_20210402-012513_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210402-012518_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210402-012522_Chrome.jpg

I noticed the ends on the factory muffler have screws that come off and may not be tacked on. Maybe we could do some mods to it. Maybe take some packing out or drill holes somewhere. Haha, that rear-end pic looks like an alien with a puckered lip with a mustache, a chin, and wears glasses. LOL. It's late here, don't mind me.

@groran1000

the gen2 header should fit to gen3 - both engines are as i understood, 100% equal

to mount the muffler at the gen3 is a question what "clamp(s)" you have and where to fasten it i gues at a comparable "place" like at the gen2 (and gen1 too)

the only piece that might cause problems is the connecting pipe muffler / header
but that one have to test
and if it really doesn't fit, a good welder will help .

I'm curious if Yoshimura will come out with something a little more along the lines of more modern. Maybe something in titanium that'll still offer the performance, but be more along the lines of the styling that they've (Suzuki) created. Who knows.

I wonder if the Gen3 engine and exhaust will fit a Gen bike?
Can't see why the engine wouldn't fit as it uses the same cases and frame...the exhaust would fit but I imagine the hangers would have to be modified as it uses a different sub frame...

The best solution is to use the engine and ditch the boat anchors for aftermarket...

@Bumblebee I was thinking a Gen3 aftermarket exhaust along with the engine into my 08. The Gen3 exhaust doesn't have a belly pan to contend with so the belly pan might ned to come off a gen2. Yeah, I'll bet the engine would be a direct swap except for a bunch of new sensors. You'd probably need a Gen3 ECU and I'm sure a Gen3 wiring harness would be be worth it rather than trying to make your own. ...so basically, buy a whole wrecked Gen3. I don't think whole engines are available brand new...although the owners manual specs replacing the engine so... IDK how anyone does that if anyone ever actually wants to.

@Bumblebee I was thinking a Gen3 aftermarket exhaust along with the engine into my 08. The Gen3 exhaust doesn't have a belly pan to contend with so the belly pan might ned to come off a gen2. Yeah, I'll bet the engine would be a direct swap except for a bunch of new sensors. You'd probably need a Gen3 ECU and I'm sure a Gen3 wiring harness would be be worth it rather than trying to make your own. ...so basically, buy a whole wrecked Gen3. I don't think whole engines are available brand new...although the owners manual specs replacing the engine so... IDK how anyone does that if anyone ever actually wants to.
With al the electronic suite, I'd imagine everything ties into the ECU...you'd probably need the entire electric system including dash and harness, throttle, etc...

I think it would be easier to buy a gen 3 than convert a gen 2 into one unless you just go with esthetics..

Why? What's the point? If you want more power and mid-range talk with an engine builder and make it happen for a lot less than swapping a Gen-3 engine. Otherwise it'd be cheaper to just buy a new bike in the end..

Maybe in 3-4 years when you can find a wrecked Gen 3 donor. I bet right now you can't get your hands on a Gen 3 engine only.

I wonder if a gen2 aftermarket 4 in1 will fit the gen3? Guess we'll find out later when they sell the first batches of exhaust for the gen3.

There was a video one of the other gen3 threads saying the exhaust and othe aftermarket stuff would swap over to the Gen3.

There was a video one of the other gen3 threads saying the exhaust and othe aftermarket stuff would swap over to the Gen3.
I seen something posted where someone already put their yoshi slip ons onto their gen 3 off of a gen 2 and had to do a little fab work and they were in quite a different angle so while I'm sure u could make a gen 3 aftermarket exhaust fit a gen 2 i don't think it'd go on easily and probably wouldn't follow the body angles very well. But I'm pretty sure they'll be the same as what's offered for the 2 with just a couple different bends and lengths to the pipes.

I seen something posted where someone already put their yoshi slip ons onto their gen 3 off of a gen 2 and had to do a little fab work and they were in quite a different angle so while I'm sure u could make a gen 3 aftermarket exhaust fit a gen 2 i don't think it'd go on easily and probably wouldn't follow the body angles very well. But I'm pretty sure they'll be the same as what's offered for the 2 with just a couple different bends and lengths to the pipes.
The aftermarket is set up for the previous generations right now so I makes sense those systems would fit a gen 3, the only thing I'd be concerned of is the cats in the end cans of the gen 3-will this change the fueling and cause issues..I imagine the Akrapovics have built in cats as the bike would have to still meet Euro 5 with them installed.

Back