Cut-out & Fuel Filters

I replaced mine at 2500 and checked it again at about 3900. No issue. A very very small amount of brown stuff in the screen between the regulator and pump.
I DO NOT BELIEVE this is a fuel source problem. Too many bikes do not have the problem. AT 3900 it was still spotless. I think something is in the tanks (coating or anti-rust additive) of those affected, or maybe high heat in the pump causes something to preceipitate out of the fuel.
Does anyone have the ability or know someone that can analyze some of the crap removed from the screen? If we knew what its composition was we could maybe figure out the source.
This is not normal maintenance in my opinion, and only some have the problem? Glad I don't

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 02 March 2000).]

I just today bought a Russell Clear View hi-flow washable cartridge in-line fuel filter that I'm going to place between the tank and the pump.

This is a great filter that I've put on other bikes, and it grabs all the trash from the fuel and the inner tank coating so you can see it just by lift the tank and then clean it out with a simple unscrewing of the glass cartridge sleeve if needed.

Back