derestrictor installed

Automon

Registered
I just installed a derestrictor but have been unable to ride due to the temp being 8 degrees in Michigan (what a great place to live). I was told that adding this mod will add HP and will eliminate the top end limiter. I figured for 40 bucks what the hell. Does anyone in the group have this mod and if so what do you think?

Automon

IT will not! increase H.P., It will however make gears 1-3 very smooth/crisp & responsive !!. It will destrict topend!(Positively).What make are you using? or is it homemade?

HEy i would have sent you a 6.8k ohm resistor for free or the cost of a stamp. Hate to rub salt in but if you can get a refund i'll still send it out to you.

I seconded Postals post
smile.gif

sarge301@yahoo.com

I just installed a derestrictor but have been unable to ride due to the temp being 8 degrees in Michigan (what a great place to live). I was told that adding this mod will add HP and will eliminate the top end limiter. I figured for 40 bucks what the hell. Does anyone in the group have this mod and if so what do you think?
[/QUOTE]
Sorry automon I have to tell ya it doesn't add HP.
crazy.gif

Hey guys i've been away from the mod board for awhile and just saw your post requesting a 6.8k resistor. I still have some so if you are interested email me, and then send a couple of quaters with a self addressed envelope to the address i give you and wah -la its in the mail to you.

Dezzy,

As I am in the UK (displaced Texan in Scotland) would you be happy to tell me how to rig this up so I can have one of the site electricians source the bits and make up a couple for my friend and I?

Any difference between this and a TRE? Sounds like not!

Thanks a million! It will pay off in France in a few weeks where the roads are long, straight and the police could care less!

W

i'm out of town on buisness. when i get home friday i'll send you the instructions and a diagram for the hook up

I have a new 2003 'Bus and have been monitoring the topics (somewhat) on TRE's and similar. I have several friends with Hayabusas and many have put TRE's on their bikes to, as they say, good effect.

My question is, has anyone with a new (2003) bike installed one? Is there any down-side to the install? All of my friends that have done it have noticed a little roughness on idle and one has the FI light that will not go out although I suspect that from what I have read on here that may be because when he installed his Hindle 4-1, he disconnected the oxygen sensor.

Comments?

Thanks!

Wes

Back