Front brake noise like ABS

Robert 0046

Registered
Im having a noise when i use my front brake its like an electric noise do any one have had this problem? Maybe already someone has a solution i dont want to remove the abs i just want to fix the noise as always thank you

Can you pinpoint where the noise is coming from?
Under the seat near the module?
Or at the front wheel?

:popcorn:

I run EBC double H pads, they're noisy, but this sounds different.

Did this noise just start?

Can you somehow get a video sound bite of the noise?

Sometimes the pins in floating discs get brake dust or dirt in them and when you apply the brake they make a noise...

I had a noise on my GSXR one time while breaking and although it didn't drive me nuts, it made me go over the complete front brakes and it still made the noise, then I cleaned the pins and the noise went away........I'm not saying this is your noise but one never knows.

Sometimes the pins in floating discs get brake dust or dirt in them and when you apply the brake they make a noise...

I had a noise on my GSXR one time while breaking and although it didn't drive me nuts, it made me go over the complete front brakes and it still made the noise, then I cleaned the pins and the noise went away........I'm not saying this is your noise but one never knows.

+1
This is a good place to start.
Eliminating the simple things first.

Its like an electric noise

From my automotive experience, the ABS should only activate beyond the threshold of traction. If the noise occurs during normal braking, I would not expect the ABS to be the cause.

I went through some chip-seal the other day and got a pebble stuck between the rotor and brake shield on the company car. Sounded like a needle on a record.

Like BB said, any apparent changes when the noise started?

From my automotive experience, the ABS should only activate beyond the threshold of traction. If the noise occurs during normal braking, I would not expect the ABS to be the cause.

I went through some chip-seal the other day and got a pebble stuck between the rotor and brake shield on the company car. Sounded like a needle on a record.

Like BB said, any apparent changes when the noise started?
No but ill verify thank you all

Back