Gen 2 horsepower mods and tuning questions

There seems to be a lot of roll racing in the US , and you guys seem to be able to mod bikes , like no rear brake , no mirrors , hidden number plates nearly , and lots of Mexican road access ... not like where I ride at all . I enjoy watching all the footage on the tube of this and more . But what I like most of all , is to enjoy riding my own machines in the surrounding country swervery , in my own , albeit cop infested / hidden cameras region of the world .
If you going to go hard , be alert , smart and stay safe .

There seems to be a lot of roll racing in the US , and you guys seem to be able to mod bikes , like no rear brake , no mirrors , hidden number plates nearly , and lots of Mexican road access ... not like where I ride at all . I enjoy watching all the footage on the tube of this and more . But what I like most of all , is to enjoy riding my own machines in the surrounding country swervery , in my own , albeit cop infested / hidden cameras region of the world .
Your Back ! Holy moly !!

I did a little researching about ceramic bearings on a dyno after seeing rj's numbers and while I don't think it was the bulk of it I do believe the ceramic bearings and lightweight wheels played a part in his numbers. I will say I've never ridden with a quickshifter until I put the healtech unit on my gen 2 and even with just using the stock settings on it out makes a big difference when I hit it against some liter bikes and even the b king i ride with occasionally. I think if you go the route your thinking with the rims and have the ceramic bearings throw a quickshifter on it and maybe get it tuned you'll be right there with that 1000 and good chance in front of him.
I watched a few of his videos the other day and he clarified that it wasn't one mod that made the bike put down the numbers it did but many mods. His bike is equipped with a quick shift and the bike never stops pulling, so the quick shifter makes a huge difference. How do you like the haltech? I was contemplating getting one awhile back and the haltech was the one I was going to go with. The smartphone software seems easy enough.
Lightweight wheels and ceramic bearing , are always going to help , quick shifter can definitely shave off time , but you will need more to slap a new 1000 etc. . IMHO You need a total package , proper tune (maybe race fuel ) , big weight reduction , and all parts selected to be known good proven components .
Just for example , have a look at youtube vids of EJR Racing Megatron build Gen 2 , as an extreme example of stripped down , super light machine . Tuned very well N/A and it is v fast , but still not able to quite match some of the quickest new bikes with similar setups .
Something you can put together , to match your wallet will be fun anyway bro , just being more gutsy and able to wrench the throttle open quicker than some other short wheelbase rider may win you a race or two with what you got .
There is always something faster than you somewhere , till you build like the big$boys and go massive turbo hp etc.
toad
Many of the bikes around here on the street have the typical mods, pipe, tuner, maybe flash but not much other than that. I suppose what im after is not to annihilate them so much is to be able to keep up lol. I got used to be able to keep up with most around here with ease. Im not the best rider and without the turbo it really shows. I have seen a few videos of megatron and it seems to be a quick machine! I think I will look into megatron and rj on you tube to get more information. For now i will do the weight reduction as that seems to be the consensus. When its just me and the bike my mind drifts towards carbon fiber, brakes, and more carbon fiber, its only when I get an a$$ woopin handed to me I start re thinking horsepower
yessir tons of roll racing, it seems the few I ride with only want to roll race. What part of the world are you from toad? I live near new orleans, about an hour south at what I call the end of the world, about 20 miles from the gulf of mexico. Its a fairly small place when compared to other cities and the vehicles here can get away with just about anything. A friend of mine can cut corners well, much better than I can. I honestly don't push it to the limit much, corners or top end. This post was concerning the 5% percent of the riding I do, but it does happen from time to time.
Thanks will do.

anyone have any feedback on moore mafia's flashing service? The guy with the 1000 had his done and is very happy. I was wanting to get the bike tuned through the ecu but not sure when boosted cycle would be able to get to it.

anyone have any feedback on moore mafia's flashing service? The guy with the 1000 had his done and is very happy. I was wanting to get the bike tuned through the ecu but not sure when boosted cycle would be able to get to it.
He's about an hour away from me. I drove down and had him flash mine and am very satisfied with the results.

yessir tons of roll racing, it seems the few I ride with only want to roll race. What part of the world are you from toad?
I live across the pond mate , South Australia , small capital city Adelaide . We got beach coastline then surrounding back hills and country winding roads and seaside towns . Lots of corners , it is where most South Oz riders cut their teeth . We still used to drag race , but that track been rooted by owners for some years now . Also , a historic tight and demanding road race circuit north of Adelaide is still used occasionally , then we got a big road race track in use now for racing , with yet to be built drag 1/4 mile facillity north east of Adelaide .
The Megatron was to show an extreme example roll beast , that still finds it tuff to compete in reality . Anyway , just do what you like and have fun , dont take it all too seriously and you will get enjoyment . And , last thing , if you are like me 125kg semi naked , you might want to stop stuffing you face (toad) , and you will be faster for sure ... lol
toad

Here's a video which would be of interest to you in your situation..you can copy the link and go into You Tube and check the contents-the person explains what he did to his bike to get it to go to this speed..

He said this "

Birol Kesenoğlu

2 months ago
2014 hayabusa, full two brothers exhaust, bmc air filter, stagexworks software, healtech quıck shifter (front sprocket 18t-rear sprocket 43 t stock gears) that's all"

Will be interesting with the Gen 3s mid range punch if it can get ahead of the liter bikes and make them play catch up...?

I wonder if the regular mods we do will soften that mid range punch....

I live across the pond mate , South Australia , small capital city Adelaide . We got beach coastline then surrounding back hills and country winding roads and seaside towns . Lots of corners , it is where most South Oz riders cut their teeth . We still used to drag race , but that track been rooted by owners for some years now . Also , a historic tight and demanding road race circuit north of Adelaide is still used occasionally , then we got a big road race track in use now for racing , with yet to be built drag 1/4 mile facillity north east of Adelaide .
The Megatron was to show an extreme example roll beast , that still finds it tuff to compete in reality . Anyway , just do what you like and have fun , dont take it all too seriously and you will get enjoyment . And , last thing , if you are like me 125kg semi naked , you might want to stop stuffing you face (toad) , and you will be faster for sure ... lol
toad
I've always been a fan of Australia, thought about going a few times. Sounds like your home is pretty fun to ride a motorcycle. Do you have any pictures of the road race circuit? It's sort of boring to ride where I live. There are a few windy roads but the road conditions aren't good at all. Mostly high way riding and city, it can get aggravating with traffic at times.

I've starting searching for light weight parts and y'all weren't lying, his pay to play, well win. I have a titanium exhaust and am planning to get some type of headlight insert, lithium battery with possible relocation to the front fairing(if possible), typical weight reduction, part removal/change, and whatever tune. Nitrous is almost guaranteed at this point. I am about 95kg (210 lbs) suited. I do have a decent diet and work out so I could shave a few pounds but 90kg would probably be my lowest minimum weight.
Thanks for the lengthy response toad!

Here's a video which would be of interest to you in your situation..you can copy the link and go into You Tube and check the contents-the person explains what he did to his bike to get it to go to this speed..

He said this "
Birol Kesenoğlu
2 months ago
2014 hayabusa, full two brothers exhaust, bmc air filter, stagexworks software, healtech quıck shifter (front sprocket 18t-rear sprocket 43 t stock gears) that's all"

That is crazy fast! I had no idea a stock 2 had the gearing for that speed. I have an air filter on the list along with a few other weight reduction mods in mind. I see that pair removal is a thing. I'm not sure if the shop installed the pair block off but I don't think so if I remember correctly. Does pair cost hp or is the mood for weight reduction?
Will be interesting with the Gen 3s mid range punch if it can get ahead of the liter bikes and make them play catch up...?

I wonder if the regular mods we do will soften that mid range punch....
I haven't thought of that but it's a great question. I don't think there is to much hp left on the table with the gen 3 but I'm hoping flashing will give it a leg up on the modern 1000's.

I was out on the 'ol Bumblebee earlier and thinking... I sure don't think I need any more power than what this thing lays down...

The beastie sure gathers in speed in a hurry...to heck with all those liter bikes...
I thought the same thing when I first got my gen 2. My gen 2 feels quicker than my gen 1 did but the gen 1 felt slightly faster than the gen 2. First gen was very smooth overall while my gen 2 feels twitchy with steady tps ar slight accel/decel. Any mods to your bike bee?

That is crazy fast! I had no idea a stock 2 had the gearing for that speed. I have an air filter on the list along with a few other weight reduction mods in mind. I see that pair removal is a thing. I'm not sure if the shop installed the pair block off but I don't think so if I remember correctly. Does pair cost hp or is the mood for weight reduction?

I haven't thought of that but it's a great question. I don't think there is to much hp left on the table with the gen 3 but I'm hoping flashing will give it a leg up on the modern 1000's.
The video is interesting considering there wasn't that much done to the bike.

I have a Trans logic quick shifter and it is amazing just how fast that helps reel in speed, you can hold it wide open and just use your foot....

The pair system on a gen 2 is pretty light, the weight you save from removing it is minimal and there is zero hp gain...

Getting a flash is a good idea, would be nice if you could get the bike dyno tuned while you are at it to maximize the tune...then look at gearing.

I thought the same thing when I first got my gen 2. My gen 2 feels quicker than my gen 1 did but the gen 1 felt slightly faster than the gen 2. First gen was very smooth overall while my gen 2 feels twitchy with steady tps ar slight accel/decel. Any mods to your bike bee?
My bike is pretty well modded out for the basic mods...

It has suspension work, Brembo brake MC, EBC 5.5mm rotors and Brembo calipers with EBC HH sintered pads. So it handles and stops really well. I went to Michelin PR5 tires and the bike is rock steady at any speed and on most roads.

It has Yosh system with a Bazzaz fuel management system (Z-FI and AFM) and K&N filter. It has a Translogic quickshifter and was dyno tuned.

It can get pretty angry in a hurry...I am not one to get on the throttle very often but the few times I have, it is a real handful.

I played with my neighbor on his 2021 BMW S1000RR M package (Arrow pipe, filter and tune) and he got by me but had to really work at it...I wasn't real serious about not letting him...I think if I really worked the old girl, he wouldn't have got by me. He was surprised and stopped calling the old girl a "farm implement"

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of Australia, thought about going a few times. Sounds like your home is pretty fun to ride a motorcycle. Do you have any pictures of the road race circuit? It's sort of boring to ride where I live. There are a few windy roads but the road conditions aren't good at all. Mostly high way riding and city, it can get aggravating with traffic at times.

I've starting searching for light weight parts and y'all weren't lying, his pay to play, well win. I have a titanium exhaust and am planning to get some type of headlight insert, lithium battery with possible relocation to the front fairing(if possible), typical weight reduction, part removal/change, and whatever tune. Nitrous is almost guaranteed at this point. I am about 95kg (210 lbs) suited. I do have a decent diet and work out so I could shave a few pounds but 90kg would probably be my lowest minimum weight.
Thanks for the lengthy response toad!
Mallala Motorsport Track is the tight historic track to the North West of Adelaide .
HOME | Mallalamotorsport
South East of Adelaide is the Bend Motorsport Park , modern road race track , with a new 1/4 mile drag strip still under completion .
The old race track and 1/4 mile drag venue , out North West of Adelaide is in a state of disrepair , subject to owner mismanagement and other bullshit .

My bike is pretty well modded out for the basic mods...

It has suspension work, Brembo brake MC, EBC 5.5mm rotors and Brembo calipers with EBC HH sintered pads. So it handles and stops really well. I went to Michelin PR5 tires and the bike is rock steady at any speed and on most roads.

It has Yosh system with a Bazzaz fuel management system (Z-FI and AFM) and K&N filter. It has a Translogic quickshifter and was dyno tuned.

It can get pretty angry in a hurry...I am not one to get on the throttle very often but the few times I have, it is a real handful.

I played with my neighbor on his 2021 BMW S1000RR M package (Arrow pipe, filter and tune) and he got by me but had to really work at it...I wasn't real serious about not letting him...I think if I really worked the old girl, he wouldn't have got by me. He was surprised and stopped calling the old girl a "farm implement"
sounds like a well rounded bike! Around here hayabusa end up stretched with tunes and other basic stuff.
how do you like the bazzaz? I hear about them every now and then but haven't don't much research on them. I was looking into traction control for the busa awhile back and came across a bazzaz unit. If i remember correctly it was about 800 or so bucks? Seems pricey but cheaper than a stand alone.

lol farm implement thats a new one, iive heard it called a pig before. Sounds like with a few basic mods it can be a toss up. thanks for the help b, youve been helpful. I think I know which direction I will go for now.

Mallala Motorsport Track is the tight historic track to the North West of Adelaide .
HOME | Mallalamotorsport
South East of Adelaide is the Bend Motorsport Park , modern road race track , with a new 1/4 mile drag strip still under completion .
The old race track and 1/4 mile drag venue , out North West of Adelaide is in a state of disrepair , subject to owner mismanagement and other bullshit .
looks like a sweet venue! it says that its the second largest permanent race track next to the Nurburgring? that's cool stuff!!! I remember watching Cletus McFarland (bald eagles) going to australia and getting taught the way of burnouts, Australian style, it was awesome.

I was on webike japan the yesterday and seen that you left a review for some carbon inner panels. How was the transaction? Id like to get some JDM stuff and the sight seems to have some cool stuff.

looks like a sweet venue! it says that its the second largest permanent race track next to the Nurburgring? that's cool stuff!!! I remember watching Cletus McFarland (bald eagles) going to australia and getting taught the way of burnouts, Australian style, it was awesome.

I was on webike japan the yesterday and seen that you left a review for some carbon inner panels. How was the transaction? Id like to get some JDM stuff and the sight seems to have some cool stuff.
Webike is excellent to deal with, seems cheaper for most parts opposed going direct to the manufacture. I’ve used them countless times same as Andrew and I haven’t had a hiccup yet.

Back