Gen 3 drivablity concern

nicolasfinta1

Registered
I bought a 2023 busa and I’ve put 1500 miles on it so far I recently replaced my stock exhaust with a voodoo full exhaust and got a SLR tune ever since the tune and exhaust I’ve been having issues in 2-6 gear at 50% throttle with the bike feeling like it’s misfiring between 4500-5000 rpm if I use full throttle then the issue seems to go away when the bike is cold the issue seems to also be less. I had thought it might be an issue with the octane here in California so I used some octane boost and the issue is still present. I was wondering if there’s some sort of restriction on my bike or something that might be causing this. I’ve also experienced issues since I bought the bike sometimes getting the bike into 1st gear I sometimes have to roll it a few feet to get it into gear as well as sometimes when the bike stalls I have to do a full power down to get it to even start. Wanted some advise if any of you guys had any thank you.

Ive heard other people complain about SLR stuff before. I recommend people get their tune from BT moto, I tried a few different flashes and theirs was the best.

Where in California are you?

as far as the rolling to get into first thing that has to do with the why the transmissions are always in mesh and the rolling helps get forks and sliders into position, most new sport bikes have that happen especially if you come to a stop in gear/in second gear and then have to take off again.

1. Take it back to the ones that did the work.
2. Your description of first gear issues sounds like you ride a motorcycle. Does the bike jump when going into 1st ? Clutch issue ?
3. Clutch or operator issue ? I’ve stalled my bike a couple times and I’ve had to switch the G3 completely off and back to start to crank it. It will not crank otherwise…..

... I’ve also experienced issues since I bought the bike sometimes getting the bike into 1st gear I sometimes have to roll it a few feet to get it into gear as well as sometimes when the bike stalls I have to do a full power down to get it to even start. Wanted some advise if any of you guys had any thank you.
If you've adjusted the shift lever downwards to compensate for height, be aware that going from neutral into first requires twice the distance as the other gears. You may be hitting the kickstand which is preventing the gearbox from going into first. This baffled me for a long time before I figured it out and it is so obvious once you do.

Back