Gen 3 - misfiring/bogging down after mod+tune

The pair valve plates have the factory rubber gasket underneath them. There should be no leaks. Send him your ECU.

On the 2WDW tune you just unplug your O2 sensors. Nate turns them off in the ECU. Leave them screwed in, just unplug them.

The pair valve plates have the factory rubber gasket underneath them. There should be no leaks. Send him your ECU.
Don't remember seeing rubber gaskets when I installed them..gonna double check when I have some free time.
I have gasket maker ... might try that if don't see them.

Typical excuse. Tuner screwed up big and wants to blame the bike. If you did those mods without tuning, and installed them by the book, engine would've needed tuning for optimum, safe AFR, since you increased intake and exhaust flow, but it still would've ran nicely.

Some tuners, man. They overconfidently bite more than they can chew and then create fantasy situations to shift the blame that is only theirs.

In no reality would those mods cause such issues if properly installed. It was the tuner being incompetent. Get your bike back before the shop ruins it with bad timing, and send it to a reputable tuner. They didn't need to touch timing AT ALL.

Don't remember seeing rubber gaskets when I installed them..gonna double check when I have some free time.
I have gasket maker ... might try that if don't see them.
You don't wanna do that. Take off the airbox, unscrew the pair valve plates, and you should see a rubber seal all the way around the perimeter of each pair location. They don't come off when you take the old covers off. Usually they stay in place if for some reason one fell out, it's probably on top of the valve cover.

You don't wanna do that. Take off the airbox, unscrew the pair valve plates, and you should see a rubber seal all the way around the perimeter of each pair location. They don't come off when you take the old covers off. Usually they stay in place if for some reason one fell out, it's probably on top of the valve cover.
Will do.. thanks!

Any one solved this problem
I'm being through exact story
Plz help
My '22 just started; Brocks AH full, Sprint and flashed. I haven't been riding it much, but I'll get it out on the highway this week. I'll have some open areas to try to run it out. Then, if needed, I'll dig out my tuner. I run it hard when I get the chance and never noticed the slight stumble.

Thank you guys

I installed brocks adapter for the o2 sensor
Installed the pair valve block offs
told the tuner to return the ECU to stock

Now the bike runs completely fine
The tuner refuses to give me back my money

The day after tomorrow I'm riding to another tuner and see what is going to happen

Actually I wasted too much money I'm not sure if I want to continue doing it :banghead:

Do your homework. Make some calls. Ask these guys how many Gen III Hayabusa's they've tuned. How many bikes in general. You have every right to trust the guy that's putting the tune on your motor. The first guy was not good. It's a learning experience. We have one guy in Vegas that's capable of tuning with a Dyno. If you want just a flash, send it to Chris Moore.

Glad you got the first bum figured out.

Back