Gen II Busa Newbie -Tires?

So put 274 WV twisty 2-lane miles on new set of Avon Storm 2's Ultras yesterday - went to 180/55's instead of stock sze on my 08 Busa - tires performed great! Now 4 out my 5 bikes have the Storm 2 Ultras. I love the hard center, soft edge and overall handling of these tires - these things REALLY hold the corners:grinning:

BTW- Avon has a $50 Rebate right now through June 30 on the Avon Storm 2 Ultras - actually helped me make the final decision to stick with Avons rather than try something else (was considering Michelins and Bridgestones also)

I went with the Pilot Road 2 for the Rear. Looking at the Pilot Power for the Front later this Summer.

Just put a set of Power One's on the GSX-R1000, second set of rims. Had to give-up my youngest for them. Will be hitting WV sooooon!

Shinko Stealths For Sure. Lots of people talk bad about them, they hook real good, ride ultra smooth, and don't cost that much at all. My bike is in triple digits at least once everytime i bring it out.

I want to try the ultra soft, but got sent a normal, so next time i will get the ultra soft

I just changed the tires on my 2011 at 500 miles. I went with the Dunlop Q2's. They totally transformed the bike. Way more grip, less steering effort to turn, way more confidence. We'll see how long they last.

I just changed the tires on my 2011 at 500 miles. I went with the Dunlop Q2's. They totally transformed the bike. Way more grip, less steering effort to turn, way more confidence. We'll see how long they last.
+1 i love these tires but i can already see the rapid wear after 1500 miles. :laugh:

I'm in the club. Once you find something that really works (ie Avons), gotta stick with it.

Dsc06677_800.jpg

Dsc06677_800.jpg

Back