getting back on the horse

First Priority. The side-stand mod. Else it may up end up tipping over.

;)

20230129_153258.JPG

Damn six, you’re getting as bad with setting the sag as the German dude is for cleaning the calipers.

For the record, you can do neither and the Busa still works quite well. :D
It also depends where is was set before hand; do you know where?
If you don't, it's a smart and easy thing to do.
If you've never checked where yours is, then you simply don't know if yours could be better.
There IS a reason that suspension is adjustable.
As many people that I have told who have never heard about it, or touched it...equals point proven.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on purchasing one of the cleanest 2000 models I’ve seen on the forum. She is beautiful!. Like others mentioned, the busa is very easy to ride just around town. The monster starts to wake up above 3500 rpms and it doesn’t seem to have a limit as she pulls……. and pulls……. And pulls. It’s a heavy bike so definitely find a parking lot to practice low speed maneuvers because fairings are EXPENSIVE and any tip over incident, including falling off the OEM kickstand, gets into the thousands $$$$ quick.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on purchasing one of the cleanest 2000 models I’ve seen on the forum. She is beautiful!. Like others mentioned, the busa is very easy to ride just around town. The monster starts to wake up above 3500 rpms and it doesn’t seem to have a limit as she pulls……. and pulls……. And pulls. It’s a heavy bike so definitely find a parking lot to practice low speed maneuvers because fairings are EXPENSIVE and any tip over incident, including falling off the OEM kickstand, gets into the thousands $$$$ quick.
Thank you for the kind words and advice. Im certainly glad to hear your praise on the condition of the bike. As I myself am utterly impressed with the level of care that the bike has had over the years. In fact I wouldn’t have a clue the bike has 30 k on the odometer by looking at it.
Adds a level of respect and care that she deserves and I hope to carry the same torch for many years to come.

Welcome 000 sence the kickstand mod has been said the next thing will be wieght meaning the war with the gut so you can tuck and realy enjoy the busa capabilities also get used to controlled braking and not panic braking. Like was said already our busa can be docile or a hooligan your wrist and common sence will decide this. The busa is totally analog no rider aids for gen 1 and 2 so as said RIDE your baby fast and slow get used to what the bike is doing and what YOU are telling it to do! Other then all mentioned, just enjoy it and realize and accept YOUR skill set! It's never the bike. It's always the rider and the busa will and can test this very easily

Welcome 000 sence the kickstand mod has been said the next thing will be wieght meaning the war with the gut so you can tuck and realy enjoy the busa capabilities also get used to controlled braking and not panic braking. Like was said already our busa can be docile or a hooligan your wrist and common sence will decide this. The busa is totally analog no rider aids for gen 1 and 2 so as said RIDE your baby fast and slow get used to what the bike is doing and what YOU are telling it to do! Other then all mentioned, just enjoy it and realize and accept YOUR skill set! It's never the bike. It's always the rider and the busa will and can test this very easily

Great points. I have a memory of myself as a young man riding way faster than was appropriate for the conditions. At some point I had an awareness that what I was doing was incredibly stupid. In a rare moment of introspection I attempted to undestand why: "Because the bike can..? Yeah, OK genius. Of course the bike can." Sigh.

So glad I'm mature now...

Back