Guys that talk on their cell and ride

I use a blue tooth headset, set my phone to auto answer, and turn on my phone book filter to allow only my home number (wife) to be able to call me. All others go right to voice mail.
beerchug.gif

(monster @ Jan. 23 2007,08:42)
(PandaNin @ Jan. 23 2007,11:26) Get the scala-rider  

Linky

I've had it for awhile now and it's awesome.  Bluetooth connection to the phone.  Answers via voice command.  Might support voice dialing but not sure, my blackberry doesn't.

When I'm on the bike people I'm talking to don't even know it.  I never place calls while riding but sometimes I do need to answer when I get calls (that's the life of being on support standby).  When it rings I just say 'Yes' and it answers.  The blackberry stays in my tank bag.

The volume is noise-sensitive and automatically goes up as it gets noisier.

The battery quickly detaches from the helmet for easy recharing from any socket.  I've been amazed at how long it goes between charges.

The boom mike tucks inside the helmet so from the outside all you see is the battery module.  It's stylish so no aethetic concerns.  I recommend using the large foam mic cover that comes with it instead of the smaller one.  It attaches to the helmet without creating holes and it's never moved once I put it on.

I really like this set.
That looks fuggin sweet.  Is it easy to swap from lid to lid?  I have 2 lids now.
To answer the question, it's very easy to swap.

However, I recommend getting 2 of the mounts. One for each lid. Then you just move the battery module from lid to lid. It contains the electronics.

Talk to them and they can price it separately.

And for the naysayers, I do not talk while doing certain things:

a) lanesplitting
b) in traffic
c ) exceeding the speed of light

I usually answer it when I'm on the commute to/from work (which is a straight 2 lane road with a concrete divider between lanes). It's also nice when I'm riding and the wife calls to tell me she's crashed her car.

Linky

I've had it for awhile now and it's awesome. Bluetooth connection to the phone. Answers via voice command. Might support voice dialing but not sure, my blackberry doesn't.

When I'm on the bike people I'm talking to don't even know it. I never place calls while riding but sometimes I do need to answer when I get calls (that's the life of being on support standby). When it rings I just say 'Yes' and it answers. The blackberry stays in my tank bag.

The battery quickly detaches from the helmet for easy recharing from any socket. I've been amazed at how long it goes between charges.

The boom mike tucks inside the helmet so from the outside all you see is the battery module. It's stylish so no aethetic concerns. I recommend using the large foam mic cover that comes with it instead of the smaller one. It attaches to the helmet without creating holes and it's never moved once I put it on.

I really like this set.
How much is it
rock.gif

(heavybusa @ Jan. 23 2007,15:06)

Linky

I've had it for awhile now and it's awesome.  Bluetooth connection to the phone.  Answers via voice command.  Might support voice dialing but not sure, my blackberry doesn't.

When I'm on the bike people I'm talking to don't even know it.  I never place calls while riding but sometimes I do need to answer when I get calls (that's the life of being on support standby).  When it rings I just say 'Yes' and it answers.  The blackberry stays in my tank bag.

The battery quickly detaches from the helmet for easy recharing from any socket.  I've been amazed at how long it goes between charges.

The boom mike tucks inside the helmet so from the outside all you see is the battery module.  It's stylish so no aethetic concerns.  I recommend using the large foam mic cover that comes with it instead of the smaller one.  It attaches to the helmet without creating holes and it's never moved once I put it on.

I really like this set.
How much is it
rock.gif
$150

heres a bad bluetooth headset coming out soon, around 100 bucks.
http://www.argard.com/
it should fit snug under a helmet.

also this one,little bigger but its a nice bluetooth.
http://www.jawbone.com/

stay away from the h5 miniblues on ebay there not true motorola headsets, just cheap knockoffs. if they were motorolas , they would fit under the helmet fine.
these bluetooths use the jawbone for sound, you speak , it travels up the jawbone to the bluetooth. all someone hears is you, not the motorcyle or wind noise. etc....

(johnstein @ Jan. 23 2007,10:45) autocom is what you are lookin for , go to thier site and watch the video , clear conversation to 150 mph ! i use mine , cant be away from my phone !
super.gif
How about when you're not just putting around and you're running speed ?
laugh.gif

Nolan N-Conn helmet with bluetooth add-on and multi-meda cable for the Ipod. Will run everything you need in the helmet with out anything in a bag. The hole set up will run ya just at 600 for helmet, bluetooth kit, multi-media cable.

Nice kit, have a demo model at the shop and love it.

Josh

set the phone to auto awnser you hear it ring 3 to 5 times it picks up and you talk , no different from talking on an intercom to a passanger , just let people know that you are on the bike right away ! i always tell them if i stop talkin just wait till i start talkin again , dont keep ramblin on , i have had conversations at 80 + mph with no problems , most times people wont belive me when i tel;l them i am on the bike
beerchug.gif

(TIMMYDUCK @ Jan. 23 2007,09:38) My words of wisdom on this matter.

With the statistics being what they are these days on M/C ing.

34 more times likely to die, then in a car for each mile ridden.

2 % of miles done each year but nearly 11% of all traffic fatalitlies.

It just isn't worth it to make yourself reachable to others @ the risk "YOU "are assuming.

Plus the one thing I do know about phone calls.

If it is important, they always call back, otherwise let them leave a message, I'm sure you would get back to them at your earliest convient time.

And another quick sound bite.

What if it is from someone you really didn't want to talk to right then ?

What if it is work calling you in on a day off or something ?

What if it is a call that upsets you? and you<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'> start riding angry ?</span>

All these calls and any others are better dealt with from a stationary location.

P.S. look at how many times you have complained about a cell phone talking, SUV driving, CT soccor mom.

Then really consider if making "Yourself' available to others is worth the risk.

Leave the phone in the tank bag where it belongs, you are out riding a Suzuki Hayabusa Land Missle, your attention needs to be on the road.

P.S. I looked at the ad for the phone scala or whatever .

Just that they have a guy with a 3/4 helmet riding a cruiser, working with his PDA would prevent me from purchasing it on principle.
jump9.gif

(monster @ Jan. 23 2007,10:13) What do I need to be able to hear in my helmet & be able to talk and answer?
You shouldn't wear a helmet, it just gets in the way when you're trying to hold the phone to your ear. We all know how dangerous that would be, trying to move the phone around to get the best sound while doing 90 mph weaving in and out of traffic. Just leave the helmet off, then you'll not have to worry about hearing the person you are talking to and you'll be able to concentrate on more important things like what song is playing on the Ipod or how the chick you just flew by was giving you the eye.
tounge.gif

I have no interest in talking on the phone while I'm riding- cagers have too much fun trying to hit us as it is already, let alone taking me out when I'm getting yelled at by my wife on the phone too.
biggrin.gif

BUSAFETT

Back