hayabusa or zx-12r

PDD00

Registered
trying to decide between the 2. how is the busa for 2 up riding? i know the 12 handles better and if piped has more power than the busa, but looks like 2 up riding sux on the 12. looks like i can get the busa a little cheaper than the 12 also. decisions. right now i have a 99 r1. two riding sux bad.

You will probably getting a very opinionated answer here, but I wouldn't agree that the 12 has more power than the Busa. Are you talking a stock Busa or one with mods? Just want to make sure we are on level ground. I have never ridden a 12 before and owning a Busa would have to say go for the Busa. Busabrother (member here) just bought a 12 after owning a Busa, so PM him for the comparison and slightly less biased opinion. And welcome to the board.

Your basic interpretation of the ZX12 versus the Busa is right on-point. While the ZX12 offers tremendous power and MAYBE slightly better handling than the Busa... the Busa definitely has the 12 beat in comfort and 2-up riding. I've ridden both, and I wouldn't trade my Busa on a 12 for nothin'. Although I wouldn't mind having a 12 as a stablemate to the Busa.
biggrin.gif
Anybody want to donate to the cause...
laugh.gif

Your basic interpretation of the ZX12 versus the Busa is right on-point.  While the ZX12 offers tremendous power and MAYBE slightly better handling than the Busa... the Busa definitely has the 12 beat in comfort and 2-up riding.  I've ridden both, and I wouldn't trade my Busa on a 12 for nothin'.  Although I wouldn't mind having a 12 as a stablemate to the Busa.
biggrin.gif
 Anybody want to donate to the cause...
laugh.gif
Exactly what I was going to say.

Welcome to the board. You're gonna get a very biased opinion here. But in all seriousness, the Busa is much more comfortable and much better looking IMHO.

If two-up riding is a concern, no contest. Though my time on a 12 was limited (around a big block), my wife says says no way. As far as the Busa, my hump sits on the shelf collecting dust. My wife has her gear on before me every time I plan to ride, which is a blessing, I know......

I had several Kawasakis over the years and they are fine motorcycles.

I never even considered a zx12. Kawasaki has been chasing the 'king' title with this bike for years and failed.

Kawasaki has done all they could do with 1200cc to be tops.

The busa can loaf along with its lower compression 1300 cc and still come out ahead.

PDD00... The busa is great for 2 Up. The Busa has mind blowing power and torque. The Busa handles pretty good, you will not have anything to complain there! I would never trade in Elenor for any other bike!! The 12R might be as fast, but It's still not the King! And it nowhere looks as good as the Busa (Not to say that its ugly or anything). Buy the Busa bro.... Thats what 'THE MEN' ride!
wink.gif

....and welcome to the Board!
biggrin.gif

PDD00 , i was recently  in the same situation as you (trying to decide on the busa or the 12). i will be buying a new bike in a few weeks  and i am pretty sure i will go with the busa . i was lurking on a bunch of busa and 12 sites to do my research . i also tried to talk to a bunch of owners of both bikes to see what they had to say .

here are some of the reasons i decided to go with the busa instead of the 12

1) reliability . seems the busa's hold up better ( i hear the 12's go through clutches like crazy)

2) busa has more potential for mods . once you want to go faster the busa is almost limitless . easy to turbo or you can get a decent amount  of hp from a pipe , cams and headwork and still stay reliable

3)busa feels more comfortable to me

4) the busa looks better in my opinion

5) the busa is easier to launch from a dead start

6) busa has more potential for top speed

one of the big things that made me decide was a lot of guys who have owned both seem to like the busa better .

a freind of mine has an 03 12 and he really loves it , but once he rode our other freinds busa for an hour he said the busa was a better bike and now he wants a busa

hope that helps

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110219328 -->

do after market pipes for the busa come with  a single pipe or do you have to buy the duals??i like the single pipe

<!--EDIT|PDD00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110238052 -->

i'm kind of short for a dude, or maybe average...5'9". to me, the 12 is very, very uncomfortable to ride. the busa is very comfortable. i've ridden a few sportbikes, and the busa is maybe not the MOST comfortable (for me), I think it is maybe number two out of the few bikes I've owned and otherwise had the pleasure to drive. the 12, yamaha's R line, those are all way uncomfortable to me. but i'm also a suzuki biased guy, notice i have a Gixxer and have said nothing about comfort as far as that goes...right?
tounge.gif

As far as power, they're just about equal. The rider will make more of a difference. The 12 has a shorter wheelbase for easier cornering, but makes it more wheelie prone. And the Busa corners great anyway. For 2 up, the Busa is better.

Busa's are good, 12's are good. I'm 5'8" and my 12 is very comfortable. I can't put my feet flat on the ground when I stop, but that's ok. I've got 9,400 miles on my bike and it still has the original clutch. (nitrous for the last 3 years).

I was in this same situation a few months ago. I like both bikes but when postal sold his 02 LE, I found a 12 at a good deal and had to jump on it. I think both are great bikes. You wont be dissapointed either way.

GO BUSA, But you choose what you want/like. It is total preference in MY OPINION. But the ultimate choice/dicision comes down to you. Which do you WANT?

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110291405 -->

do after market pipes for the busa come with  a single pipe or do you have to buy the duals??i like the single pipe
You have planty of options with either a dual or single can. Another great thing about the Busa is a large selection of choices involving modifications.

One thing to add about the 12r. When you get on the throttle it's almost like it has a turbo. It takes a second to start "spooling up" so to speak. The low end torque is nothing like the Busa, but when it "spools up", it ain't nuthin' nice...
biggrin.gif

Back