hayabusa or zx-12r

I say get what bike you like better and stick around the board, I think everyone here will welcome you with whatever you decide. I think aftermarket wise the Busa has unlimited parts available and though I have never ridden a 12 I think you couldn't go wrong with whatever bike you choose.

I came from a 2000 zx11. So I have no bad words for the Kaw, "but" Look on the kaw boards, They are having problems with cams on zzr1200. I know thats not the same motor but its worth looking into. Iwas considering a zzr12 but issues with the motor were a factor in my decision. Good hunting !

I've read all the post here, and it's very hard to be unbiased as I own a Busa. I will add my two cents. I think both bikes are truly modern mechanical marvels! What I'm not hearing is VALUE!!!!
the performance of both bikes are really close. You can go buy a brand new 05 Busa for about $10K give or take! You can get a brand new 12R for around the same! the difference is! after a season of riding depending on how you care for your bike the Busa is worth a couple hundred less than what you paid whereas the 12R is worth a couple thousand less than what you paid. Busa are holding there VALUE pretty good on the market ! you can find 1999 Busa's still selling for $8500 + as with the 12R the bottom falls out of the bike and your ass goes with it! Perfect example! My buddy just bought a 2003 ZX-12R 1700 miles, Muzzy full pro pipe, PCUSB, sprocket, in excelllent shape no damage for $5800 private owner in chicago. And he the only one I know with a ZX-12R. So he's got his work cut out for this summer as we're all lining up to get a piece of a bike we just don't see around here. Any how Good luck on whatever you buy
Get the BEST BANG for your BUCK!!!!! do you see a pattern? BUSA

Back