Helmet Phone

ThunderJohn

Registered
I was wondering what is the best thing out there for cell phones and helmet intergration? I have looked around a bit and there is a motorola blue tooth one but was not able to find allot of opoinions on it. If anyone uses anything and has any insight please let me know. Also if this is something that is also Ipod compatable that would be a plus.

pull over, get off the bike, remove helmet..then talk.

as if there aren't enuf things you should already be paying attention too?

(BusaCruise @ Jun. 19 2007,02:57) pull over, get off the bike, remove helmet..then talk.

Agreed, I just flip mine open and shove it to my ear. Rides well there. Redneck Integration; all rights apply
laugh.gif

There were a few on the market, and I was just trying to find a way to answer those business calls when I skip out early to go ride.
biggrin.gif

It is not like I will soccor mom it all the time just want to know when I am getting one answer a few questions and swear I am at lunch.
wink.gif

my buddy has a full helmet phone that integrates with his AT&T cell. It sounds pretty good, but at speed, he sounds a little stressed and kinda "Nascar" like. No I don't watch nascar, but you know what I mean. It IS usable though. I usually hang up on him if he's riding because I want him to concentrate on the task at hand.

I forget the helmet maker, but it was one of the better brands, and 6-800 range

(BusaCruise @ Jun. 18 2007,23:57) pull over, get off the bike, remove helmet..then talk.

LIGHTEN UP ON HIM, JESUS!
super.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm gonna start using that just as a basic answer to all thread!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I have a motorola bluetooth that fits nicely under my helmet with no discomfort. That being said, I DO pull over when I'm talking. I tend to agree that the last thing I need to deal with while im riding is another distraction. The main reason i wear the bluetooth at all is that it saves me from having to take my helmet off to talk.

That is more of what I had in mind was just being aware I had a call I would pull over to do the talking just want to know I am getting the call and be able to talk to them insted of hearing it pulling over and having to call back.

I do have allot to worry about while riding I just started to listen ot music on long trips. I am new and my main goal is not to be a SQUID.

Scala rider that what I use. Love it, awesome sound quality, LOUD speakers.

I understand that guys telling you not to talk on the phone while riding, I agree, it is not wise. BUT
I have to have ability to talk when I`m on-call. usually i`m taking call and pulling over.
beerchug.gif

I just got the Scala-FM... The radio works great loud as heck, two speakers... The phone feature is not as loud, however if I get call I pull over and it saves having to rip gloves, gear, and helmet off. Just pull over and talk then ride off again. I tried it once at highway speeds and forget it. Not able to hear crap.

(Big_guy @ Jun. 20 2007,00:13) That is more of what I had in mind was just being aware I had a call I would pull over to do the talking just want to know I am getting the call and be able to talk to them insted of hearing it pulling over and having to call back.

I do have allot to worry about while riding I just started to listen ot music on long trips. I am new and my main goal is not to be a SQUID.
I put mine on vibrate, unfortunately I have a 99 cent phone and miss most of them until I get to a stop and check.

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 20 2007,00:58) Ya know, some of us can chew bubblegum and drive....
Not preaching or chastising anyone, but I think it's good advice to put all focus on riding. It's hard enough when you do this.
pirate.gif

i hate cell phones+ blue tooth. just pull your ass over then chat. thats its but its not going to happen. call me while i'am driving i wont even look at the
guns.gif
cell phone.

(BusaCruise @ Jun. 19 2007,02:57) pull over, get off the bike, remove helmet..then talk.

When you have clients calling you at all hours of the day and night it is nice to have the option of answering a call...Especially when that call can make or break a deal. I took my cell phone on my honeymoon and stopped some very interesting honeymoon activity(if you know what I mean) to answer... Answering the cell gained me an extra 10k for that one phone call. Which made the other participant in the activity who we will designate as wife mucho happy. So I will answer on the bike if it is a client.

I sometimes stuff a small bluetooth in the helmet... MY old helmet which I had cut out a little bit of the padding to make it fit.

You can't do much with $$$$ if your DEAD. I'm sorry, but talking on the phone while operating a motor vehicle really foooking pisses me off. And I HATE doing it and avoid it as much as possible. Yes, I pull over to talk. I've missed turns/exits because I answered the phone. My job requires me to drive roughly 25K miles a year and I'm a slave to a pager&cell. Studies have shown that being on the phone while operating a motor vehicle is more dangerous than drinking& driving. Hands free isn't any better either because its the conversation itself thats the problem, not holding the phone. Let them leave a vm, pull over and call them back. We are talking a few minutes at most here. Just think of all the cagers out there on phones while we are out there riding our bikes...........

(JuiceSC @ Jun. 21 2007,09:28) You can't do much with $$$$ if your DEAD. I'm sorry, but talking on the phone while operating a motor vehicle really foooking pisses me off. And I HATE doing it and avoid it as much as possible. Yes, I pull over to talk. I've missed turns/exits because I answered the phone. My job requires me to drive roughly 25K miles a year and I'm a slave to a pager&cell. Studies have shown that being on the phone while operating a motor vehicle is more dangerous than drinking& driving. Hands free isn't any better either because its the conversation itself thats the problem, not holding the phone. Let them leave a vm, pull over and call them back. We are talking a few minutes at most here. Just think of all the cagers out there on phones while we are out there riding our bikes...........
You can do anything you want. I will continue to do the same. If I want to talk on my phone and slug down a wawa coffee while reading the paper and texting my friend while searching for a wireless signal for my laptop and trying to finish my novel "How to piss off the most people in the shortest time" I will continue to do so. Good day Sir!
laugh.gif

People talking on cell phones while driving scare me...most of the cagers that I have to dodge have a cell phone at their ear
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Back