HTC EVO questions

macon454

181.552 mph Texas mile on a B-King 3/28/09, AKA "C
Donating Member
Registered
My wife just got a new EVO and it seems like there is a lot of stuff running that does not need to be, First of all How do you make the battery last longer than 8 hours? What factory running settings can a person get ride of that will help battery life? And is there anything anything else that a person needs to know about it that will help? Any suggestions?

And she does not want to clock or root it or any of that stuff.

The EVO will continue to run programs in the background..there is an App you can download that will kill any background application running longer then a specified time.. hope that helps

My wife just got a new EVO and it seems like there is a lot of stuff running that does not need to be, First of all How do you make the battery last longer than 8 hours? What factory running settings can a person get ride of that will help battery life? And is there anything anything else that a person needs to know about it that will help? Any suggestions?

And she does not want to clock or root it or any of that stuff.

Alright here ya go

Advance Task Killer Free- It can auto kill apps when the screen is off and help with battery life a little.

Ways to help with battery life:
Turn off the mobile network when you arent using it (internet) It is a big battery sucker Menu > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Network
Turn off auto-sync, sync apps manually when you want to. Menu > Accounts and Sync
Turn off screen animations Menu > Display > Animations
Turn the display timer to lower Menu > Display > Screen Timeout

Those are a few things that will definitely help with battery life a bit :thumbsup:

Seidio makes two different kinds of extended batteries also

A big fat one that makes the phone fatter.
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bacy35hev4-bk.htm

A slim one that is the same size as the one that comes with the phone but holds 25% more juice
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/basi17hev4.htm

The EVO will continue to run programs in the background..there is an App you can download that will kill any background application running longer then a specified time.. hope that helps

Can you tell me what that app is and how I get it?

I have the advance task killer app on my Evo. I've noticed though after you kill all app's on the list within a few minutes a bunch of them come back on. That normal?

Root and Rom will remove anything that Sprint installed and clean up the operating system to run smoother. Battery life is also extended :)

Alright here ya go

Advance Task Killer Free- It can auto kill apps when the screen is off and help with battery life a little.

Ways to help with battery life:
Turn off the mobile network when you arent using it (internet) It is a big battery sucker Menu > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Network
Turn off auto-sync, sync apps manually when you want to. Menu > Accounts and Sync
Turn off screen animations Menu > Display > Animations
Turn the display timer to lower Menu > Display > Screen Timeout

Those are a few things that will definitely help with battery life a bit :thumbsup:

Seidio makes two different kinds of extended batteries also

A big fat one that makes the phone fatter.
seidioonline.com

A slim one that is the same size as the one that comes with the phone but holds 25% more juice
seidioonline.com

Okay russell she got 4 of them done, Now how does she do the advance task killer?

And also when she has the phone set on vibrate it does not vibrate, She has a cover on it does that make any difference? She has to set it on vibe for where she works at and can not have it ring, But the vibe dont work like her blackberry did?

And also can she get ride of the stuff that is in applications under running services like Genie refresh service, HTCdm service? anything that is running like that she can get rid of?

Okay russell she got 4 of them done, Now how does she do the advance task killer?

And also when she has the phone set on vibrate it does not vibrate, She has a cover on it does that make any difference? She has to set it on vibe for where she works at and can not have it ring, But the vibe dont work like her blackberry did?

And also can she get ride of the stuff that is in applications under running services like Genie refresh service, HTCdm service? anything that is running like that she can get rid of?

Go to the market and do a search for task killer. Thats weird it doesnt vibrate ???

And you probably cant get rid of those apps without rooting the phone.

Go to the market and do a search for task killer. Thats weird it doesnt vibrate ???

And you probably cant get rid of those apps without rooting the phone.

Thank you very much, So maybe something is wrong with it since it does not vibrate? She thought it should like her BB, But it doesnt at all, Or at least she cant get it to anyway.

app killer does nothing , turn off background data , turn off 4G or it will search all the time , turn off the gps untill you need it . also the bigger battery is sweet . I got one from ebay for $24.

Thank you very much, So maybe something is wrong with it since it does not vibrate? She thought it should like her BB, But it doesnt at all, Or at least she cant get it to anyway.

Like vibrate when you get calls or texts?

app killer does nothing , turn off background data , turn off 4G or it will search all the time , turn off the gps untill you need it . also the bigger battery is sweet . I got one from ebay for $24.

Thank you

You have to tell it to in settings. And yes, since the android update to "froyo" app killers do nothing but waste more battery.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

There is two places for the vibrate setting too. One under each profile and one in settings for whatever you want it to vibrate for. Such as text messages. Open the messaging app, then hit menu/settings and there will be the option to change ringtone, vibrate, etc..

There is two places for the vibrate setting too. One under each profile and one in settings for whatever you want it to vibrate for. Such as text messages. Open the messaging app, then hit menu/settings and there will be the option to change ringtone, vibrate, etc..

Thank you for this info, I will tell her first thing in the morning and see if we can get it to do it.:thumbsup:

+100 Correct.

Did you get it to Vibrate?

We don't want your wife to not have the vibrate function, ya know! :rofl::rofl:

Back