Rooting HTC Evo Help!!

Backup had all my notes and passwords still. :thumbsup: Anyone know how to store notes so they don't go bye bye after loading a rom?

What did you guys use to backup the info in the phone.. cant loose my numbers. :(

Watch the video. It is built into the root. If you have your phone numbers sync'd with gmail, you will not loose numbers. My email and numbers are stored with google gmail. All just sync on phone not stored. I also use google voicemail too so all my messages are readable as text and stored on goole voicemail and accessed through their app.

i think for the evo you also can get titanium back up. correct me if i am wrong russ i dont kow the evo as well as i do the motos.

Ok, So I got it to work now and so far I love it. Anyone thinking of doing this, I have some suggestions. Make sure to back up everything!! Make a list of your apps, and be patient. I was not waiting long enough for the rom to load the first time.

Get an app called "back up to Gmail". It saves your call history, sms, and mms
If you use a notebook app, check out ak notebook, it syncs online so you don't loose your notes.

Droid phones are google phones. Make sure you have a gmail account. sync it before rooting so you have a backup of all your contacts, calanders, and tasks.

IF you want to keep all your apps and data the easy way, I found another solution. When you root your phone, you can backup your system with application put on your phone. When you get ready to add a rom you have to clear your phone and the cashe. It is easy with the application. After you add your new rom, go back into the backup mode and go to advance restore. There is options to restore only parts of your originally stored phone. I restored just the data and all my apps were back along with passwords, links, bookmarks, and contacts.

Back