HTC EVO users

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone else have random stuff show up on their phone? I was looking today and I now have a Blockbuster app, Amazon Kindle Reader app, and some game called Nova?

Nope. Then again I have mine rooted and a custom rom so i took all the crap off and i dont get over the air updates, i update it manually as i get my new ROMs. Those apps probably came with an over the air update.

yup, they came with the ota update. root it, and throw a custom rom on it. better battery life, better performance, and you can overclock the snot out of it.

i want an iPhone. my droid kicked off today, have a new one on the way already. gonna have to root it again.

lol...i doubt it from over clocking..i have had mine over clocked for over a year with no issues.

Rooting the phone basically is taking off the phones "stock" operating system and replacing it with an "aftermarket" one. It allows you to have more control over what's on your phone, and what your phone does. It also unlocks features that your service provider doesn't want you to have (like the free wifi hotspot on the EVO, etc)
Overclocking, is basically "tuning" your phone. Like a Powercommander does to our bikes, overclocking is getting the most out of your phone's processor.
Roms are the custom operating systems you install when you root.
Make sense?
And yes, those other apps like Blockbuster, etc came with the new update, but most importantly with the new update came SWYPE keyboard. Try it out, its freakin sweet!!!

Back