HTC EVO users

Rooting the phone basically is taking off the phones "stock" operating system and replacing it with an "aftermarket" one. It allows you to have more control over what's on your phone, and what your phone does. It also unlocks features that your service provider doesn't want you to have (like the free wifi hotspot on the EVO, etc)
Overclocking, is basically "tuning" your phone. Like a Powercommander does to our bikes, overclocking is getting the most out of your phone's processor.
Roms are the custom operating systems you install when you root.
Make sense?
And yes, those other apps like Blockbuster, etc came with the new update, but most importantly with the new update came SWYPE keyboard. Try it out, its freakin sweet!!!

Thank you very much, I going to get ride of the old samsung hue and get a real phone in the next few weeks and am trying to learn all about them.:thumbsup:

linky saved, and once i figure out how to turn this thing on, ill be set!!:laugh:
Just make sure you read all about it. Pros and cons. I'm quite the techy nerd but I still haven't rooted, and probably never will. Just my opinion on it. If it ain't broke.......

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Thank you very much, I going to get ride of the old samsung hue and get a real phone in the next few weeks and am trying to learn all about them.:thumbsup:

GsxrBots encouraged(forced:laugh:) me to get the HTC Incredible, glad i did, great phone. Ive got a thread kickin around with lots of good info if ya care to read up:thumbsup:

I was addicted to crackberry for many years and kicked the habit with a new EVO. I still miss the keyboard, but love how fast and easy the phone is to use. I am not brave enough to root phone yet. I did not get any apps on last update. My whole business is driven around computers and use to have to take my laptop everywhere but with Evo I only take my phone. Love it. Joker, from our board talked me into making switch.

My wife has the Iphone and my son has the EVO and they both try to trade me for my Incredible. Sorry the Incredible is the best phone out there.

GsxrBots encouraged(forced:laugh:) me to get the HTC Incredible, glad i did, great phone. Ive got a thread kickin around with lots of good info if ya care to read up:thumbsup:

Thanks, I will check it out.

My wife has the Iphone and my son has the EVO and they both try to trade me for my Incredible. Sorry the Incredible is the best phone out there.

The Incredible is the best phone out there. For anyone who can't get the EVO! :rofl: Hands down the EVO is HTC's flagship phone. It should outperform your Incredible in every detail, your son must be nuts :lol: :poke: :thumbsup:

Does doing the process of unrooting your phone, have any warranty issues or will it causes issues if the phone has to be serviced?

If you Root your phone, and can't turn it back to "stock" before sending in to Sprint, yes, your warranty is VOID! I don't believe they can "prove" that you rooted it. As far as I know though the only Rooting that is reversible is the "unrevoked" one. I'm not positive on that since I haven't rooted mine.
Maybe some day... :whistle:

If you Root your phone, and can't turn it back to "stock" before sending in to Sprint, yes, your warranty is VOID! I don't believe they can "prove" that you rooted it. As far as I know though the only Rooting that is reversible is the "unrevoked" one. I'm not positive on that since I haven't rooted mine.
Maybe some day... :whistle:

Rooting your phone does void the warranty! The evo is nice but I carry my incredible every where I go, wait till the Htc Thunderbolt comes, thats the only phone I will give up my incredible for.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im actually unrooting my phone now so i can take it in to be looked at and possibly repaired. My earpiece has never actually sounded clear. Is your guys' earpieces clear sounding?

The Incredible is the best phone out there. For anyone who can't get the EVO! :rofl: Hands down the EVO is HTC's flagship phone. It should outperform your Incredible in every detail, your son must be nuts :lol: :poke: :thumbsup:

I dont like the EVO, and alot of my friends are not happy with it. I do know one thing, the new IPhone from verizon is not suppose to be that good.

Im actually unrooting my phone now so i can take it in to be looked at and possibly repaired. My earpiece has never actually sounded clear. Is your guys' earpieces clear sounding?

My buddy has had 3 Evo's and 2 of them had crappy speakers. I have 3 other friends and myself that haven't had a single issue since launch day...

My buddy has had 3 Evo's and 2 of them had crappy speakers. I have 3 other friends and myself that haven't had a single issue since launch day...

ahhh ok so i may not be alone... Im still gonna try to get sprint to fix it cause i have dealt with it for months and its just annoying

They should fix it. WORSE case scenario the phone has a 12 month warranty, so they'll send you a refurb...:poke:

Back