I picked up my 2023 'busa then dropped it as promised.

I test-rode the bike at the local dealer and got lost a little. Peter the salesman admitted to being somewhat nervous until I returned, but he also knew I wasn't leaving without it, which I didn't.

I thought the hunched-over riding position would be much less comfortable but it really isn't. My back starts hurting on my KLR650 after an hour or so anyway, so I'm not in a hurry to get bar risers. Peter, the salesman, recommended that I not start hanging stuff onto the bike until after I've ridden it for a while. He said a lot of people buy stuff they later take off.

Anyway, I bought it and rode it up Rt. 95 in southern Maine for an hour or so, trying to stay under 70 mph and varying my speed. All settings are on "easy," "beginner," "neutral," "slow," etc., and I'm riding it nice-and-easy. It's a gentlemanly and stately bike if you don't crank it too much, kind of like a Rolls-Royce. I have literally not leaned it over at all yet.

The "back-pressure" setting is on 'zero' and there is NONE, strange feeling. No engine braking at all.

Next day I pulled out of my dirt driveway which has a slight up-grade and promptly dropped the bike on its side. It had about 50 miles on it. I was so happy about that I can't begin to explain. I used a few towing straps, my CR-V, and a couple of U-tube bike rescue videos. It popped right up and was fine. Snapped off the "Don't lean over so much, you fool" metal whisker thingie, and part of the shift lever, and scratched four separate pieces of fairing plastic, plus the exhaust pipe. No strange noises have come from the bike while underway, si I doubt I did any mechanical damage.

Not positive yet, but I think the 'busa may be the meaning of life. It's really, really, really a nice piece of machinery.

View attachment 1668719

View attachment 1668720

View attachment 1668721

View attachment 1668722

the kickstand fold in ?

the original , dealer´s , busa doesn´t have the sidestand mod - the notch made with a dremel or so.

see Sidestand Mod | Busa Mods - the pic in post no 6

without the notch ANY busa likes to roll over the sidestand
and
as @BA BUSA wrote
Park in gear and face it uphill if you can !

and this damn "falling over" only happens at the busas since ´99 - today !!!

Thanks for the info; the bike fell over while I was approaching the end of my driveway; I slowed down to check for traffic and the bike went right over! I did it all by myself, with no kickstand involved.
I've subsequently done the "mod:": pay attention to what I'm doing!

Thanks for the info; the bike fell over while I was approaching the end of my driveway; I slowed down to check for traffic and the bike went right over! I did it all by myself, with no kickstand involved.
I've subsequently done the "mod:": pay attention to what I'm doing!

lmao
20 years ago I used to go to the local Ymca to work out.
I knew the director, and he would let 4 of us park our bikes on part of the sidewalk(that literally went nowhere), and the sidewalk had 2 nice gradual transitions to the pavement for wheelchairs, so we would ride up of of them(no, we weren't blocking handicap people either, lol), and turn and park the bike in a corner.
I would roll into rhe parking lot idleing, or engine off, and I could make it all look so smooth, roll up on the sidewalk, and slide off the seat with the kickstand down as I took my helmet off(that I unbuckled coming down the road, as I was a dumbass wearing only shorts, shoes, and a tanktop, no gloves either).
I could do this all very fluidly and in one motion(stunter swagger, lmao), and I really do make a point not to call attention to myself, especially on a bike. So, Im mid 20's, on a bike, there to workout, around some nice looking ladies mind you, so you know smooth is important, lmao.
Well, I come rolling in for the hundredth or so time, and misjudged my speed, I was going .002 mph slower than usual, and when I was 6 inches from parked...the front tire hit the joint in the sidewalk, stopped the bike dead...and it fell over faster than I've ever seen!
lmao, dummy!
I did manage to just catch it at the ground, and it knicked the tip of the right side footpeg(yes, it didn't even fall on the kickstand side, lol)
And, I have lots of memories of stupid things like that.
Heck I looped a Brand New CR250 at about 45-50mph...riding a beuatiful long wheelie, the bike even kept riding it a few hundred more feet without me!
(fortunately full MX gear on).
Again, the point of my ramblings...we All make stupid mistakes some times, at All things, and if you ride bikes, sooner or later, you're gonna drop one, knock it over, or do some sort of stupid low speed crash.
Or higher speed...I once put a gen2 on it's left side, full gear, the stock muffler on the road, along with my leg, lol, in a sharp 90° left hander.
I'de ridden it countless times, only my usual 65-70mph corner entry speed didn't work with a February road coated in sand, and 3'-4'+ snowbanks from the plow(if the bike starts I ride it, the weather is what it is, I don't care).
I went backwards through a snowbank at about 45-50mph, as I didn't have traction to scrubb off any more speed before I went down.
At the same moment my lowside slide flipped me directly vertical into a highside, and I punched backward through a frozen snowbank.
The back wheel dropped off, as it was a near vertical 12'-15' drop down to the trees, and the front tire was still on pavement, and the bike was still runnig(old MX'r dies hard, do Not let it cut off if you can help it, lmao)
I downshifted to first, revved it up and dumped the clutch, roosting my way back on to the road.
And out in front of my friend on his Cbr1k, who was way behind...riding safely for the conditions.
He was just shaking his head, lol.
My coveralls over my leathers and nylon winter Joe Rocket jacket showed no signs of the road, other than light scuffs and sand.
The bottom of the left black cannon was scratched up, but only visible if you looked under it.
Moral of that story; life is short, ride it like you stole it, if you crash, odds are you were having a good time, lol.

Close calls teach us a lot; it's amazing any of us get to grow up.
Yes, for sure. . . The other morning I was driving to work in my car(it’s winter here, sunrises at 7.30am) it was dark and I’m doing 50mph down a country Rd.
I notice the car headlights that were coming towards me were literally coming towards me… straight at me!!
I swerved at the last moment and narrowly avoided a head on crash, then instantly swerved back on line after the car brushed past with inches to spare… it all happened within a second or so… sooooooo close!
Thank God my car handles well, all wheel drive Subaru, wide 17” wheels, low and stiff suspension. I must’ve been close to going into the weeds on the side of the road, but my guardian angels were awake and launched into action to assist me in preventing a devastating car wreck.
So, close calls do happen, but for me they happen infrequently thank goodness.
These days I’m very VERY cautious on my bike, only passing cars if I ‘feel’ that it’s a safe moment to do so.
Intuition is a very powerful force, a gift that we possess, so let’s be more intuitive and not take foolish risks when riding… have fun BUT when the time and place are aligned to do so!

Back