Illinois Construction Zones

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
> Illinois will begin using photo radar in freeway work zones in July.
>Second offense tickets are $1,000 with license suspension. Beginning in
>July the State of Illinois will use speed cameras in areas designated as
>"Work Zones" on major freeways. Anyone caught by these devices will be
>mailed a $375.00 ticket for the FIRST offense, but the SECOND offense will
>cost $1000.00 and comes with a 90-Day suspension. Drivers will also receive
>demerit points against their license, which allows insurance companies to
>raise their rates. This represents the harshest penalty structure yet for a
>city or state using PHOTO enforcements. The State will begin with TWO
>camera vans issuing tickets in work zones with speed limits lowered to 45
>MPH. Photographs of both the Driver's face and License plate are taken.
>
> Pass this on to everyone you know !!!!
> for more info: http://www.dot.state.il.us/press/r033005.html

FUG THAT!!!!!!!
guns.gif

Yes, I am a former resident of Illinois (before I did the military thing) and they are very strict on traffic enforcement, especially in construction zones. If you hit a construction worker in Illinois and they are killed you go to jail for a very long time and pay a huge HUGE HuGe Fine!

Also be carefull, you never know what type of patrol car the ISP will be in. I have personally seen, 94-98 Stangs, 05-07 Stangs, Camaros, Silverados, ect.

Ride Safe!

The cameras are supposed to be in white vans at the begining and end of the zones.

"Photographs of both the Driver's face and License plate are taken."

Just as a reminder kids "Always wear your helmet... (clears throat and whispers) with a mirrored face shield"

I just moved to Cali from Indiana and that state is tough on them as well. Ever since Indiana had that state road worker killed by a speeding motorist years ago, they have clamped down on construction zones. Most normally have at least one State Trooper parked and running radar, lazor, or lidar in the zone. During one summer back in college, I did a stint as a road worker and the motorists scared the crap out of me when they flew by! They viewed us as an inconvenience. You should have seen the looks they would give us. I for one am glad to see them stepping up inforcement. If IL is doing it, it won't be long before it spreads to the surrounding states.

(RedRaceReadyRocket @ Apr. 01 2007,06:26) "If IL is doing it, it won't be long before it spreads to the surrounding states."

It seems IL starts a lot of trends.
Don't tell that to the Bears and Cubs fans out there!!

ices_rofl.gif

(Shanling @ Apr. 01 2007,10:29)
(RedRaceReadyRocket @ Apr. 01 2007,06:26) "If IL is doing it, it won't be long before it spreads to the surrounding states."

ices_rofl.gif
Most of IL don't claim the Cubs, They claim the STL cardinals, I knew i always did and still do. lol

(RedRaceReadyRocket @ Apr. 01 2007,10:35)
(Shanling @ Apr. 01 2007,10
super.gif
)

ices_rofl.gif
Most of IL don't claim the Cubs, They claim the STL cardinals, I knew i always did and still do.  lol
WRONG

ALL the states are cracking down on speeders...it is a great source of revenue $$$$$$ for their budget
sad.gif

(300Busa @ Apr. 01 2007,10:40)
super.gif
)

ices_rofl.gif
Most of IL don't claim the Cubs, They claim the STL cardinals, I knew i always did and still do.  lol
WRONG
Okay so there are a few cubbie fans (my grandma has not missed a Cub game on TV or radio since the beginning of time.  LOL
ices_rofl.gif

ices_rofl.gif

(300Busa @ Apr. 01 2007,10:40)
super.gif
)

ices_rofl.gif
WRONG
I cant stand the cubs.............but you must have never been north of St. Louis where "Most" of the people in Illinois are.

"I cant stand the cubs.............but you must have never been north of St. Louis where "Most" of the people in Illinois are."

I am from Springfield. I am just giving the Cubbies some *poop* I have been a Cards fan since I was a little kid.

(jpracecraft @ Apr. 01 2007,10:55) po po is forcing me to finish my flip up tag mod.
Let us know how much the impound ticket is, Ive always been curious!

be care full fast tag owners...buddy of mine just got the $275.00 ticket on top of speeding ticket...
crazy.gif

This is great news cause Im tired of being on the highway and these ******* drivers can't move over or slow for 3 secs while Im trying to work. You know I have a family and home I'd like to come home to.
rant.gif

Back