Latest Mods

Matt

Registered
Thought you'd like to see some pics of my latest batch of mods. I finally managed to build up the courage to take the bike apart and get a number of the parts powdercoated. It was'nt too difficult in the end, and I managed to do it without breaking anything which was a bonus. The only tricky part was the bushes in the front footpeg hangars which are a complete pain in the arse to get out. They are an interference fit, so they need a lot of pressure to get them out, but I came up with a solution which worked well in the end - I can post this if anyone's thinking of doing this themselves.

Pics to follow...

Front View.

Front_RHS_sml.JPG

Looks awesome. I also blacked out all that I could on my black-framed '03 LE. Looks much better. And what a shine you have on your bike. Beautiful. Looks like glass.

nice lookin mods there! How durable is the coating? (ie will it rub off with constant boot/shoe wear?)

also looks like an 02 SE all black, but I noticed you have the controls from an 04? maybe its a UK vs US thing?
rock.gif

EAKbusa - The shine is from Crystal Glo Polish, one bottle does it all, Plastics, Paint, Screen, Helmet, Visor, etc. I have been told that Zaino is even better, but there are so many variations of Zaino polish available(each for different jobs), that it was going to get too expensive to do it the 'Zaino' way.

zukracer - The bike is a UK Spec 03. I'm not sure about the durability of the powercoating yet, as I've only just had it done. However, when I removed the front footpeg hangars, I did notice the OEM silver paint was beginning to wear in places anyway.

Nice job! How about a before pic so we can all compare?
biggrin.gif

The All black is a European version that came 2003 in limited numbers. (Sweden got 20 of them)

looks awesome! I would love to polish my frame, but I'm way to lazy. I wonder how a blacked out frame would look on the blk/purple?
smile.gif

Back