LOST! Anyone help?!?!

thatguy06238

Registered
Finished a clutch mod and oil change today on my 07 … oil light is now on?!? I’ve checked oil level. Just over 3100 ml. Window is almost full. Is there something that could have come disconnected during installation of new parts? Or something else I missed? I’m lost…

Finished a clutch mod and oil change today on my 07 … oil light is now on?!? I’ve checked oil level. Just over 3100 ml. Window is almost full. Is there something that could have come disconnected during installation of new parts? Or something else I missed? I’m lost…
Check the oil pressure switch still has the wire connected to it, if it does it may just be a faulty switch which you can test with a multi meter . . get the manual and follow the testing procedure for that switch.

Talking about this switch / sensor..?

IMG_0988.jpeg

Mod only. New springs. 4 purple 2 green. Is that bolt known to loosen by itself. Cuz I’ve had the bike for better part of 6 years and have never touched it.

Ok. How would I know if it was disengaged? I don’t remember pulling the basket but I also don’t remember what I had for lunch yesterday… lol. Is there any other way the pump would be disengaged?

Ok. How would I know if it was disengaged? I don’t remember pulling the basket but I also don’t remember what I had for lunch yesterday… lol. Is there any other way the pump would be disengaged?
The oil pump driven gear is located behind the clutch basket on the pump, and the gear it engages with is on the back of the basket, that gear drives the oil pump.
If you didn’t remove the clutch basket, that gear will still be engaged, they don’t just suddenly fail as a rule, no problemo.
If you did remove the basket you would remember for sure, it’s not an easy thing lol.
Anyways…. Just secure that little bolt on the oil pressure switch ( it looks loose) and problem solved, hopefully.
If still playing up, test the switch, if faulty (most likely is) replace it.
There ya go, full explanation and no charge lol.

Did you remove the 30mm center nut inside the basket?

I removed only one “center” nut. It was the one that threads onto a center shaft and holds this piece in place. This piece here was replaced by the Brock’s new one…
IMG_0992.jpeg

Back