making new friends from the site

ill be at daytona this year (2001)just look for a 00blue busa with a washington lic. plate i hope to have some sort of plate that says hangman on it. i havn't got my plate yet.

Kawabuser, kind of funny that you started this thread. Hapo, Tinhead, GSX1300guy and myself were all on the ride a week ago. Where the hell were you? You gotta let that special busa of yours out of the garage more often.

I live on the east coast in N.J. and beleive it or not , I've never seen another bussa! Plenty of harleys and other sportbikes, but not another bussa. I own a V-max and a bussa. Yes I love my V-max for taking the kids for a putt, but when I want to feel the speed experince, I climb aboard the bussa. My bussa is the first sportbike i've ever owned and probably the only one i'll ever need. Can u tell I get choked up when I talk about the bussa! Gotta love it. Be well...........TMAX

GoBig, you blew some SERIOUS dust off this old thread! It brings back memories. I am STILL commuting 40 miles each day to work, but it is much more fun now, because a lot of days I do it on the Busa, now that I have it at last!!! :)

Besides, Interstate 15 is like the Autobahn, all those idiots go 90, and the CHP doesn't seem to worry about it. Fuk 'em all, I've got the Busa! Traffic is cruising at 85, and I'm playing slot-cars at 110...what a way to get to work in the morning...who needs coffee!

For what it's worth I met RobBase last month. He has a Copper with an Ackro pipe that sounds awsome. Mine's a Red&Grey stocker. We decided we liked our own colors more that the other guys. Rob's for real, for sure.

LABusas rocks!

These bikes look cool when there are six or seven of them lined up next to each other, when they are parked, don't they? Kinda like soldiers.

Like Mercenaries, HUNGRY ONES!

Larry, I agree - it ios just that time has been in short supply recently. Everytime I try to plan a ride, something butts in to take the time away. WORK WORK WORK ....

And living on Japanese time (14hours + EST)doesn't help.............

I am afraid to even try to list everyone I have met.But here goes anyway. First in London was Z. Phillip. Then in Vancouver I cant remember his name though it was too long ago. Then there is the whole unforgetable gang from Orlando, T,Nick,Joe,Felix and Elana (spelling?)Kevin, Ted and Doug, Eric from Atlanta, Hallzass from Lousianna, Spaz and I met briefly in Daytona.

One other guy in Alabama that always has the best video footage from Daytona. Real nice guy but cant think of his name.Sorry !!

One thing is common about everyone. Everybody has been great. The nicest bunch and most fun to hang out with at bike week etc. It has been a hell of a run and I cant wait for October to be back in Daytona again.

don
roaddog

I've met Slamdu, Spazman and titifu when I went to Florida. Also ride with DP here in Lafayette Louisiana. Anyone around the Lafayette area?

I've definitely got a busa but I've just decided to sell it. Just got back from Reg Pridmore's Executive CLASS. I had a great time BTW and learned quite a lot.

I also realized after riding the Busa to work today, that I really don't NEED all that power for what I want to do on a sport bike - which is just medium sporty rides around town and in the twisties.

Don't get me wrong, the Busa is a great machine but now I think I got it for the wrong reasons. Prestige and because not that many folks have one.

I learned a lot about riding over the last weekend on the Laguna Seca track. I learned that my skills need to improve and I think that the Busa might be too much bike for me. I'm now thinking of getting an F4 or a used F3 or perhaps the new 929RR. Not sure yet.

So, I'm going to put it up for sale. I just thought I'd give you guys first crack at it.

It's a 1999 black Hayabusa with only 3052 miles on it and has the following add-ons:

- Ventura headlight cover
- Suzuki tank bra (w/ busa logo)
- Heli-bars
- Genmar risers
- Kevlar covered steel braided hydraulic clutch and brake lines.
- BMC Air filter
- brand new Michelin Pilots (maybe 300 miles on them)
- Gel seat (I'll include the stock seat also)
- tinted Zero Gravity DoubleBubble windshield
- tinted Zero Gravity SportTouring windshield
- stock windshield
- cam chain tensioner fix
- center stand (not installed yet).
- side stand mode from Shermworks (not installed yet)

Everything else is pure stock (no other mods).

I think I'm going to ask $11500.00 for it but thought I'd ask you guys whether you thought that was a fair price for it.

I'll post it to this list and the LABusa list soon after I figure out a price. Any suggestions from you guys would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Zulaski

Back