Motorcyclist Magazine article...

I'll put it to ya like this...I am bigger than my Dad, I am faster than my Dad, I out weigh my Dad, BUT DAD can still kick my frigg'n butt. Newer is not always better.

Long Live Gen 1...lol
super.gif
tounge.gif
a

P.S. HOLY CRAP I want a Gen 2
laugh.gif

I have a 05 with some mods (6"exten. 40 shot NOS, pipe, Cdr. front gear) and after some considerable thought processing, I will put on a 1397cc kit with drag suspension parts to get around 215 horses. THIS WILL COST ME around 7K. Some might think, why not buy a new busa. Well, as nice as it is, mine with 215 hp seems..somehow...nicer...and less expensive!

geese...i'm still trying to remember when the last time was that i wished O-Ren Had Some More POWER!....

oh....that's right....there never was a time.
laugh.gif

I ride the streets and twisties...hyper-sport-tour style....

and?...

There ain't been a curve yet that i've hadta twist the throttle to the lock.
biggrin.gif

Properly Tuned Suspension...Full Akra....PCIIIUSB....done deal....

we'll see how many '08/GenII's slip ahead of me on the dragon...or?...28....or?....the cherry hole...at the next..

busa bash.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

geese...i'm still trying to remember when the last time was that i wished O-Ren Had Some More POWER!....

laugh.gif

and?...

biggrin.gif

we'll see how many '08/GenII's slip ahead of me on the dragon...or?...28....or?....the cherry hole...at the next..

busa bash.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
dammm he said it best. at least for me and my ridin' style.

biggrin.gif

and my own personal opinion...

i saw one in person for the first time yesterday at the dealership. looks good, but not that much different than my gen1. my bike is paid off, i own it, a 2006 with 4700 miles and goodies. i can get $8,000 [as per dealer] but do i want a gen2 being that it's not that much different, yeah a few more ponies, but "i" dont need 'em. gen1's more than enough for "me". as i have posted if i do sell in '08 i might get a 1000. no rush for me, the busa's a great bike.

that article, they tryin to sell bikes, not that they have to try hard, but still.

long live the king!
beerchug.gif

An improvement, YES, a Great Improvement, NO. It's better or different in several ways, but in small areas (engine HP for one) not in any areas where a street rider will see unless he's experiencing an exercise in VERY UNLAWFUL Activities
whistling.gif
. The Bike is two things ! First it's an Evolution of the 1st Gen. and NOT a NEW BIKE ! Second it's improved and changed in new Tech. but it was and is still a STREET BIKE. Like Mr. lio said in his introduction of the bike, "The Hayabusa is a streetbike FIRST and not meant for the Track". Where as the GSXR series is meant as a Track Bike FIRST and then a Street Bike. Big difference
winkold.gif

As for me
hello.gif
, I'll wait for 3 years first before trading my 06 in and let the little bugs be buged out
corner2.png
first. Mainly because I've now ridden one, and I really couldn't see any real meaningful difference over my 06 except $$$$$$
2cents.gif
!

laugh.gif

and?...

biggrin.gif

busa bash.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
any dates on that busa bash

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

and?...

biggrin.gif

busa bash.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
any dates on that busa bash
Officially the Bash is April 25-27...lots of folks get there earlier in the week.

biggrin.gif

Still haven't read it,,, but i rode one, and all i have to say is i never should have!
Ive got way too much money into my bike to start all over again! Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I am going to update my Gen 1 with better brakes and suspension; later, the engine will get a power boost to reflect the newer bikes . My feeling is it's not getting what you want it's wanting what you have. Those magazines always try to smear older bikes so they can drum up business for the manufacturers--- it's their job folks!

xxx.jpg

Back