Performance boost

Mike Chambers

Registered
Got the bikes ECU reflashed and dyno'd yesterday by a kiwi legend ( Brett Roberts) , after installing the yoshimura full system ( 4/2/1 , with the hepta force muffler) the bikes horsepower at the wheel went from 164.87 at 9.70 rpm to 185.75 at 9.50 rpm, the torque went from 102.17 at 6.67 rpm to 113.97 at 6.87 rpm.

Screenshot_20240918-185513_Facebook.jpg

Good to see that it's on par with a modified Gen 2 without having changed the cams or velocity stacks.....

It looks like there are two different dyno runs on the same paper....

Nice! 20 more ponies is a nice increase. It’s sad that a stock Gen3 dynoed at just 164 hp. Good running stock Gen1s dynoed around 160. Where are you? Fill in your profile. :)
My Gen3 dynoed at 181 RWHP, and after a 4x2x1x2 full exhaust, sprint filter, CS stacks and a remap, ended at 196 RWHP and +1,0 kgf.m of torque. A friend's G3 repeated quite the same numbers, with the same package.
Running on premium pump gas.

Rear tire destroyers...LOL...nice black strips on the tarmac in a straight or side acceleration.

My Gen3 dynoed at 181 RWHP, and after a 4x2x1x2 full exhaust, sprint filter, CS stacks and a remap, ended at 196 RWHP and +1,0 kgf.m of torque. A friend's G3 repeated quite the same numbers, with the same package.
Running on premium pump gas.

Rear tire destroyers...LOL...nice black strips on the tarmac in a straight or side acceleration.

Stock it dynoed @ 181 whp?

Got the bikes ECU reflashed and dyno'd yesterday by a kiwi legend ( Brett Roberts) , after installing the yoshimura full system ( 4/2/1 , with the hepta force muffler) the bikes horsepower at the wheel went from 164.87 at 9.70 rpm to 185.75 at 9.50 rpm, the torque went from 102.17 at 6.67 rpm to 113.97 at 6.87 rpm.

View attachment 1687587
Nice increase in power there Mike.. well done!! Must feel better now.
Good to see you’re running the Ventura pack rack, the boys here on the oRg give me rings about mine, reckon it detracts from the good looks of the ol’ Gen 1, they call it the air brake lol.

Nice! 20 more ponies is a nice increase. It’s sad that a stock Gen3 dynoed at just 164 hp. Good running stock Gen1s dynoed around 160. Where are you? Fill in your profile. :)
He’s from The Land of the Long White Cloud… Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Ya like the air brake system he’s running on the rear?
Yup, just like mine, Ventura brand pack rack luggage.

Ha, yeah I saw it but it won’t affect his dyno numbers. Tank bags or seat bags are still unavailable there eh? :D

Good to see that it's on par with a modified Gen 2 without having changed the cams or velocity stacks.....

It looks like there are two different dyno runs on the same paper....
The paper copy I got show both the horsepower difference and the torque diff
: yeah I told him where I'm from. Leave the P.C comment out about duel names country

: yeah I told him where I'm from. Leave the P.C comment out about duel names country
Well. . . I’ll have to be way more careful what I say around you Mike.
Sounds like you’re a bit sensitive around the ‘dual named nation’ we have here in NZ.
You know, being ‘Māori language week’ and all
Shia Labeouf Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

C’mon man.. lighten up a little!

Back