Post good news here

Went to visit my 90 yo grandmother last week.  She seems to think she is on her way out soon, but she has more energy than younger folks, she makes me laugh.

I am currently putting my oldest son through college on a music degree.  Not my choice but I am supporting him.

Youngest son should be getting his black belt in TKD this year.

I bought a 2006 hayabusa this year!

I taught a friend to ride a bike and now he has his M class.

Took the family to Cedar Point.

There is lots more has been done and lots more to come.

<!--EDIT|forceofnature
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156365203 -->

Recent good deeds on the road:

Waved to a little kid who was smiling, etc as I passed by.

Waved on another car to pass in front of me so they could make a turn.

Waved to another sportbike that was coming at me in the opposite direction even though I was going about 130. But I'll never do that again because when I took my hand off, it almost got whiplash.

This car was tailgating what looked to be a young rider on a motorcycle that was so small, it could almost pass for a moped... and I was behind the car. So I passed the car and "inserted" myself behind the other motorcycle and pointed and waved at the car telling it to back off... and it did. So I passed that small bike and went home. Cars that tailgate bikers is something I won't tolerate... because they're playing with somebody's life.

That's about it... nothing special. I'm just "nice" on the road...

Ex girlfriend of mine was in some financial trouble....well, alot of trouble for her.

She is a single mom (no, the kid is NOT mine, but I adore it) and she was between jobs. Her spending habit coupled with her bills and takin care of the little one put her substantially in the NEGATIVE with her bank account...bout <span style='color:red'>-585.00</span> in the negative.

So, i sent her the money, didnt loan it, just gave it. I had it, was sittin there, figured i'd just putt off buyin those Galfer rotors for a little longer.

Dont like to talk about helpin others out, i just prayed about it alot and God just let me know it would be the right thing to do. Her and the little one are right back on there feet now! Wish i had a pic of this kid, adorable!!

Here's something I posted on one of the Corvette sites this past weekend. Kinda cool.

I have twin nephews. Both motorheads. They both attended the same automotive tech school in Orlando (don't remember the name) and have been in the "work force" for about a year. One works at the local Honda dealer and the other at the local Chevy dealer.

So, I have reached my first oil change since owning the car. No time to do it myself. Chevy dealer is nearby, prices are comparable with the chain oil/lube places. I drive to the service department and ask for the standard oil change service. "No problem", the service rep says, "we'll have you out of here in a half-hour". "Great!", I say, "Can I request a specific service tech?".

I explain that my nephew works in the service dept and the rep pages my nephew for the task.

My nephew shows up a few minutes later, completely surprised and delighted that I have brought my Z06 to him. Asks if he can take it for a "test drive" after the service. I say "sure", but make it quick, I have to get back to work.

Two things happened that day. I got great service, much better than at the chain oil/lube places with all of the additional checks that they do, and I made my nephew's day.

We had a nice conversation after the service and he warned me to "take care of that Z!".

Good kid.

I'll be taking the Z06 back to him for the next service!

Awesome good to hear great things amid the constant, daily onslaught of negativity from news, work, road rage, TV shows about grisley murders and cheating wives

forceofnature, you reminded me... I go do dinner and movie night with my parents every Sunday night. They are getting older and won't be around for ever and they seem to really enjoy my company. A few hours of my life per week to spend with them seem very small in the grand scheme of things. plus I get free home cooked dinner!

A good friend of mine had been airlifted and then spent 6 weeks in the Same hospital that Bentvalve is in now. He almost cut his foot off working on a Bobcat while clearing property. Until a few weeks ago they thought he might have to have his whole foot amputated. Well his wife brought him into work yesterday to say high to everyone. Doctors did a bunch of reconstruction and now say his foot is going to be fine! He had a bunch of pins sticking out of it and they took a bunch of skin from his nether regions. Damn near brought a tear to my eye! I hate to see people messed up like that man!

Alright I'm done.

My granddaughter, Freja born 9/11, sometime good happen that day

freja_on_25.04.06.jpg

Back