question about selling my bike

tell him to come into town and we'll beat his head in. I would only sell to someone with cash, and have people with you... and no rides unless the money is in your hand.

I agree with virtually everyone else on this, you have been approached by a scammer. But, for all those who recommended the bank check idea I suggest that you don't even take the cashiers/bank check, apparently these can be convincingly forged and the processing time at the bank can delay your being notified that the check is bogus by up to 2 to 3 weeks; obviously long enough that both the bike and your extra $100 bucks will be long gone. BTW, the bank will also debit your account the amount of the check and any bad check charges they choose to inflict on you once the forgery is discovered. A Google search will probably reveal additional information on this topic but I read about it recently on MSNBC or CNN "“ I forget which. Cash in hand "“ nice worn looking bills with different serial numbers is the only way to go with an unknown source if you're not a dealer with business insurance to deal with these transactional problems. Take Captainraymond's advice about having some friends present as well. I've found cash to be the best "˜no questions asked and no transactional risk taken' approach to buying or selling vehicles. Good luck.
-Jim

I received one last week from selling a dirt bike on Craig's list. I had the scammer send the check directly to an agent in the Secret Service and gave him the agents name and Phone no. Of cores he didn't know it was the SS.

Hello,
 How are you doing?Concerning the CR500R you listed for sale, I'd have really loved to come to see it but I'm not chanced to do that now because my son is about having his graduation,he just finished from a catering school.Rightnow,i am preparing to travel out of town for the preparation of his graduation.I want to believe this item is still in a usable condition .
  I'll be making your payment with my Personal Business check which will be sent across to you.I'll be sending the money for the Item and the moving funds.My Mover will be coming for the pick up once you get your payment and it clears from your bank,that will take 2-3 business day.You are to send the Moving funds to the mover once you get the check cashed,so he can arrange the time for the pick up because he will be picking other Items for me around the city.
 Pls I'll need your name and Physical Address along with your phone number to issue the payment.
Regards

You got good info.... Now, being the yuckster that the bug is I say HELL YES take his payment as offered. Get his shipping address and just for fun! Send him either a photo of a Busa or a small model all boxed up with another picture of your middle finger.
beerchug.gif

Run away whenever someone mentions Western Union or Money Gram. These guys run these scams posing as both buyers and sellers.

It's definitely a scammer. Notice there is no mention of what the scammer is even trying to buy. It's a form letter they send to a bunch of craigslist adds at the same time. Every time I've put a vehicle on craigslist I get several letters just like this one.

this is kinda funny. Im tring to sell a car and got a email similar to what you posted. he wanted to send a cashiers check. I replied "cash only"

Back